cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband not activated for 23 days and counting ....

DavidTE
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Activation date of Aug 3rd but nothing worked. Openreach allegedly then sent an engineer to fix the issue on Aug 5th, 12th, 13th, 18th, 19th, 25th. Vodafone manager told me that at least 4 of those appointments were missed by Openreach if not all 6! I work from home as well as another member of the household and this is proving impossible as mobile data isn't good enough to use Teams, Zoom etc

I expect a lot of compensation for this pathetic mess but really need to get broadband up and running.

3 REPLIES 3

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DavidTE Hi David, have you received any further updates following your post? I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing in the meantime, I understand how important it is to have a reliable connection particularly when working from home! 

We'll be happy to check on the latest with your new connection with us - please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter, with a link to your post and your Community username. We'll then be able to take things from there 👍

Now up to 28 days and counting. Vodafone team tell me that OpenReach have missed 10 appointments in relation to sorting out this issue. Finally have broadband but at the expense of losing access to the landline, that apparently will be sorted next week by OpenReach ..... but then again I’ve heard that assurance before.

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @DavidTE 

Glad to hear your Broadband is up and running, is your landline working yet?

If you need any help with anything else, drop us a message over on Social 😊