Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband - worked great for 1 week then diconected for past 3 days

mpimlott74
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am getting slightly annoyed in this regard and see there are others with a similar issue.

So I had a new pair installed on the superfast 2 service, 6th Nov.  nce Openreach completed the installed, plugged int he router and BANG - 70+mbps broadband service.....happy camper,

Sunday it was noticed the broadband wasnt working.  red flashing light of doom on the router.  so off i went to the chat team.

first response - it shows you are not activated and this work will be completed by 15ht (!!) I asked them to validate my usage as it was great for 1 week...they then told me that for the first 10 days the line is under testing and I should expect intermittent issues - to which I asked if 24 hours was intermittent and left it there.

next day, chat 2 - similar output excep this time the engineer informed me there seemed to be an issue at the exchange and OpenReach woudl have to do some work - I was then pointed at a number and told to ring them....

day 3 - called the number - was told that OpenReach are doing some upgrades in the exchange blah blah blah.

I am now a nice 4 days with no broadband and no commitment at all from any of thet teams to keep their customers up to date.

seems there are others who have had the similar "OpenReach are working / updating / adding / need to do some stuff"  type responsese.....

frankly this is ridiculous Customer Service.  I want to stick it out a little as it was the only provider who seemed to offer a good speed for the new pair, but have zero confidence in them actually taking any ownership of the issue, instead choosing to blame OpenReach (albeit after an escalating level of answer at the point of each contact).

1 REPLY 1

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@mpimlott74 wrote:

I want to stick it out a little as it was the only provider who seemed to offer a good speed for the new pair,

Every provider will give a very similar speed as it is dependant on the length of wire between you and the cabinet.