Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cambridge CityFibre: available but no installation possible

i_h
2: Seeker

Hi all

I've been trying for a few days to get Pro Ultrafast 500 set up in Cambridge, a CityFibre FTTH area.  While I am offered services at my address, there are no installation dates available at all.  Does anyone else in Cambridge (or other CItyFibre areas) have this problem?

I've spoken to three Vodafone agents by phone: the first told me to speak to CityFibre, who confirmed that my address has been "passed for orders by Vodafone" but that all installation details need to be arranged by and through Vodafone.  CityFibre claim that Vodafone must contact CityFibre's order desk to arrange the install.

Vodafone reps keep telling me that they can do nothing and if there is nothing showing that's it.  Again I've been told to contact CityFibre to resolve but CityFibre tell me it's Vodafone's issue.

I want Vodafone FTTH but I can't keep getting passed between companies with no-one empowered to actually help.  I want to take advantage of the current £10 per month discount (it isn't competitive without this), but with noone able to help this seems unlikely.

Ultimately I need a connection so I will have to go elsewhere if this can't be resolved. 

Any tips?  Does installation availability appear at a certain time of day/day of the week?!

Thanks all

8 REPLIES 8

Rok997

Exactly same thing here in Peterborough. Completing on a house in few weeks, vodafone available but they have no installation dates available... don't even know what to do in this case

Cynric
16: Advanced member

Try another ISP?

I would try another isp but noone does such a high upload speed

Jayach

@Rok997 wrote:
I would try another isp but noone does such a high upload speed

I thought other ISP's were now offering connections via Cityfibre. What area are you in? (first part of postcode will do)

Pe1

Jayach

@Rok997 wrote:

Pe1

The CityFibre website says TalkTalk are also supplying their service in that postcode, but the TalkTalk website doesn't seem to agree. Have you actually tried via the CityFibre checker? https://www.cityfibre.com/residential/

Just as a follow up as the original poster, I gave up in the end and I now have Virgin (which I'm very happy with so far).  CityFibre sent my house a generic "get CityFibre with Vodafone now" letter this week, which is ironic given it was impossible to actually get connected...

kungfuman

hi there, can I ask how you contacted cityfibre for your queries?

I seem to be running into a similar issue.  My cityfibre roadworks were completed 2 months ago and our area became 'live' last week.  My address comes up in the vodafone checker but I cant seem to order gigafast, same when trying it over the phone.  Cityfibre checkers states my address is is on a private road and no isp serves it whereas my next door states vodafone is available.  I think Cityfobre has messed up something in their database for my address. I have phoned their number on the website and just get a general call handler who states it is they get the same info as me as the residential checker and tell me to talk to vodafone and cant seem to escalate it any further for me within cityfibre.