Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I specify Go Live / Take Over date?

Soofla
10: Established

Hi All,
Potential move form "an other" supplier to Vodafone. I go out of contract with the other supplier a month from today. I'll be asking Vodafone to obviously do all the leg work etc.

During the ordering process, is there an option for me to select the day I'd like Vodafone to take over? So for example I specify the day my current contract expires? Or do I place an order and it "happens when it happens"?

If the latter, does anyone know roughly how long it takes from order to go live - so I can make a best guess on when to place an order?

6 REPLIES 6

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Soofla, We’d confirm your activation date within 48 hours of your order being placed, if you already have a broadband contract in place with another provider. That contract will also be cancelled when your service is switched to Vodafone Broadband on the chosen date (except for Virgin Media contracts). This may incur a cancellation fee from some providers, so we'd always recommend discussing this with our Sales team to figure out the best day to get the ball rolling. You can reach out to our dedicated team on 08080 034 511 👍

Soofla

Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply, really appreciated. There are deals to be had, cashback offers and the like which are online only, so would like to do the ordering online. I'm obviously not going to hold you to anything you say here - but can you give me a really rough idea of how far in the future an activation date is? 3 weeks? Longer?

Final question, if I order online, can I reach out to your installs team and request activation after a certain date? So could I place an order and then call up saying "really looking for 22nd November onwards" for example. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You are very unlikely to get a straight answer from the Vodafone employees on here.

If it helps I ordered my broadband via a comparison site (to get the offered voucher) on the 22/5/20 and was given an activation date of 16/6/20, but it actually happened a couple of days later on 18/6/20. So yes about 3 weeks.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

From what I've seen, it can be anywhere from 2 the 3 weeks @Soofla, but it certainly varies on a case by case basis. It's not possible for us to be able to provided a reliable timeframe unfortunately. I'd recommend speaking to the Sales team regarding this too, they may be be able to provide some clarity based on how busy the relevant teams may be at the moment 👍

Soofla

Just to kind of add to my own question - in case this thread pops up when someone searches.

I went through the process to move over to Vodafone, completed a number of steps online and then got to a page where I could select the day I'd like the transfer to happen.
I actually backed out at that point - the main dates would have been smack in the middle of a week I'm working on-call, so I'll wait until next week when I'm hoping I'll see dates for the week after.

I don't know how set in stone those dates are, but it appears there is some amount of selection you can do.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for updating the thread @Soofla - there's usually a few options to pick your preferred date, though it's important to note we can't guarantee it and your actual go live date will be emailed to you, as Farai has mentioned above 🙂