Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log in to my account

Xenofar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I placed an order for Vodafone Broadband 4 days ago. Got an email with username and temporary password saying to log in to activate it, but I keep getting errors when I try.

1st try, it asks for username and password and then says "Sorry. An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again."

2nd try, it asks for security code sent to my mobile. Upon entry it says: "Sorry. Internal server error."

3rd try, it asks me to input a new password but when I do, it says "Internal server error" again.

128 REPLIES 128

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Xenofar 

You have placed the order but your service has not been activated, before you are able to set up and log on to your online account you will need to wait until your service is fully active on the network.

Further information here: Get started with Vodafone Home Broadband 

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @Xenofar 

You have placed the order but your service has not been activated, before you are able to set up and log on to your online account you will need to wait until your service is fully active on the network.

Further information here: Get started with Vodafone Home Broadband 

I was previously with Vodafone 2 years ago though and I have 3 emails from back then for order placement, username/temp password, and password change confirmation which are time stamped within a few mins of each other. I know for certain I was able to log in immediately back then. Over a fortnight prior to my service activation.

Also, I received this text message earlier in regards to my recent order:

Just to confirm, your Direct Debit is all set up. To make sure your details are correct, and to Direct Debit guarantee, head over to www.vodafone.co.uk/my-vodafone-account then choose 'Billing', followed by 'Payment Method'

Why would Vodafone email instructing to log in to activate the account and also text about checking details on the account, if it's apparently not possible until service is active?

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there @Xenofar - I appreciate that that text message does make it a bit confusing, that is the automated text we send out when a Direct Debit is set up. As @AnnS advised above, in order to be able to access your online account you'll need an active service on the account. As soon as your Broadband services are active you'll be able to log in 😊

If you would like us to check the status of your order, please get in touch with us on social media. Make sure to include your landline/account number and a link back to this forum thread to save you repeating yourself.

gipjon
16: Advanced member

This issue is old and has never been fixed and yes you are 100% right in what you are saying xenofar. It's not fair on customers. It disgusting 

First thing anyone does is to try and log in your account to check everything is correct . 

Jayach

On the post below, the OP says he logged into the customer portal before the order even got to completion, so the comments above from the cc and Mod can't be true.

If you get error messages - cancel order immediate... - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

I can't remember for sure now, but I think I checked my account before my service was active.

gipjon

Hi there . I appreciate that this has not been the best experience for you . In order to stop this from happening to other customers can you Please fill out this form 

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoringg

The best thing people can also do for this ongoing issue is contact Ofcom on social media, you can find them on TwitterFacebook and Instagramor you can phone on 0300 123 3333 or 020 7981 3040

@Jayach wrote:

On the post below, the OP says he logged into the customer portal before the order even got to completion, so the comments above from the cc and Mod can't be true.

If you get error messages - cancel order immediate... - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

I can't remember for sure now, but I think I checked my account before my service was active.

Yeah, I was able to log in before order completion when I was previously with Vodafone. Mentioned it in my 2nd comment but the mod reiterated what the cc said. Although threads like this one make me wonder if there's another issue that will still be present even after activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It actually gets even more confusing, because if you have your Web-Order number you can check on the progress using: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/webcenter/portal/myvodafone/ordertracker.  The oddity being that these order will not attach to your account until completed!

I've just been banging my head against this issue for the past 2 days.

I received an email after placing my order stating:

"Just to let you know, your My Vodafone account is almost ready. All you need to do to activate your account, is log in using the details below"

But I've had the same issues as the op.

Are you telling me that Vodafone are so stupid that they send out an email telling you to activate your account but that it is not possible until the order is activated ???

I even tried to use the online chat but even that seems to not be working. All I get is "Loading, please wait".

Not impressed at all.