Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log in to my account

Xenofar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I placed an order for Vodafone Broadband 4 days ago. Got an email with username and temporary password saying to log in to activate it, but I keep getting errors when I try.

1st try, it asks for username and password and then says "Sorry. An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again."

2nd try, it asks for security code sent to my mobile. Upon entry it says: "Sorry. Internal server error."

3rd try, it asks me to input a new password but when I do, it says "Internal server error" again.

128 REPLIES 128

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@ZalidTheBur wrote:

Are you telling me that Vodafone are so stupid that they send out an email telling you to activate your account but that it is not possible until the order is activated ???

I'm not telling you that, you seem to have figured it out yourself.

Welcome to Vodafone.

LOL. It does make me wonder if I made the right decision in chasing the much lower price. Ah well. I 've rolled the dice and will see how things go.

Just had a chat with them online and it seems that some can activate their account, while other, like me, have to wait until their order activation date. Very flaky system.

Jayach

I thought the same for the first 3 months, it's settled down now, but I have a horror of what will happen if I need to contact support in the future. As soon as my contract is up, I'm off.

@ZalidTheBur wrote:

I even tried to use the online chat but even that seems to not be working. All I get is "Loading, please wait".

Not impressed at all.

Was the same for me. Turns out it was my adblocker that prevented it from loading. I just went in circles with them though. My account was reset twice. Once before posting this thread and again afterwards because I decided to ask online chat to confirm that I can't log in until activation. Not only did they not confirm it, they reset it again without prior reply. Today was my activation date. Currently using my Vodafone connection which went live shortly after midnight. Still unable to log in to my account.

It is definately nothing on my end. I have tried in 3 different browsers and just tried Edge InPrivate (as that is how I finally got the online chat to work). None of them work.

I can well believe that it is because my account is not active yet and why I keep getting "internal error".

I'll see what happens on June 23 when the order is active.

@ZalidTheBur wrote:

I'll see what happens on June 23 when the order is active.

My account is now accessible. It still didn't work yesterday evening though despite having gone active shortly after midnight. First thing I noticed was that my "future bill" is 2x my monthly cost. It seems that since the first month's bill hasn't been taken yet, it's currently showing as an "out of plan charge" on top of next month's bill.

Since my account went live I was able to finally log in to my account. So all well with me in the end.
They just need to ammend their welcome email to say to access account once all is live.

gipjon

I did try to warn you and say it was a waste of time following markd advise . What makes it even worse most staff will tell you you can log in . Anyway good luck with your new broadband and I hope you get the speeds you should get 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update @ZalidTheBur! I'm glad to see your able to access your account now your service is live. I'll also pass on your feedback about the welcome email. Putting that extra line in may prevent confusion for other customers going forward.

gipjon

Good luck with that mark I have been complaining for the last two year about this issue and the message you get telling you to log in to check your details etc . Lost count how many hours I have spend on the phone to vodafone . And loads of customers have complained . Waste of time vodafone does not care