Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log in to my account

Xenofar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I placed an order for Vodafone Broadband 4 days ago. Got an email with username and temporary password saying to log in to activate it, but I keep getting errors when I try.

1st try, it asks for username and password and then says "Sorry. An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again."

2nd try, it asks for security code sent to my mobile. Upon entry it says: "Sorry. Internal server error."

3rd try, it asks me to input a new password but when I do, it says "Internal server error" again.

128 REPLIES 128

Heuntar
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am a new customer who has just received my router in the mail and is now experiencing this issue. Everything has happened exactly the same as OP describes, with texts and emails prompting me to sign in, only to be faced with error messages. The main one at the moment is that I’m unable to claim a gift voucher that was dangled in front of us when we registered. 

Our service is due to be activated in a few days so I will sit tight, though it’s not a great start I must say. 

Hi @Heuntar, if you're still unable to sign in when your service is live, drop our Twitter or Facebook team a message and they will be happy to help. If you can include screenshots of any error messages that you're getting, that would be really helpful. You can find all the contact details here

Cynric
16: Advanced member

I must be missing something, but here goes.

Why do the Mods always trot-out the social media solution to people who have account or services issues that mean that they have no broadband? Why not hand out the telephone number too?

This is particularly relevant given that so many people have reported that connecting to chat doesn't work for many unless they launch a browser in private mode. Maybe the Mods are too young but it reminds me of old televisions shows where a character would be seen holding the TV antenna while standing on one foot and touching a radiator with one hand.

gipjon

Yes it's very stupid and no idea why this has been like this for as long as I can remember. But you cant log into your account untill the broadband has been installed and is working . So you can't check every thing is correct unless you phone up and ask for the order info is texted to you phone. Some user have a Web tracking number which does give you some info . As far as talking to vodafone about this issue. It is a waste of time because the staff can't do any thing about it . TUT TUT on you markd 

Hi @Heuntar, if you could drop us a message on social media, our team will start investigating. We know we said to do this when the service is live, however, we really want to get the ball rolling. If you could include in your Community username in the message and let us know when you've done this, we'll get on it 👍

@MarkD wrote:

Hi @Heuntar, if you could drop us a message on social media, our team will start investigating. We know we said to do this when the service is live, however, we really want to get the ball rolling. If you could include in your Community username in the message and let us know when you've done this, we'll get on it 👍

Thanks Mark. I have submitted my details via FB Messenger. 

Brill thanks @Heuntar, our Facebook team will be able to take it from here 🙂

Just gone through all of the security questions to be told the same thing—that I must wait until the service goes live! 😂

I’ll just wait out the final couple of days. 👍

Cynric

Just be careful with the 14-day grace period that VF haven't already started the clock ticking.

I’ve installed my router and connected to the network. It started to show on my phone as connected around an hour ago, and it has fully connected within the past few minutes allowing me full internet access.

However I’m still unable to login to my Vodafone account…   🙃