Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log in to my account

Xenofar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I placed an order for Vodafone Broadband 4 days ago. Got an email with username and temporary password saying to log in to activate it, but I keep getting errors when I try.

1st try, it asks for username and password and then says "Sorry. An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again."

2nd try, it asks for security code sent to my mobile. Upon entry it says: "Sorry. Internal server error."

3rd try, it asks me to input a new password but when I do, it says "Internal server error" again.

128 REPLIES 128

...and more than two year later, I've just placed the order, got that same email with login details and temp password but still cannot log into the account. The text in the welcome emil reads:

"...Just to let you know, your online account is almost ready. All you need to do to activate your account, is log in using the details below:
 Your username is: xxxxx
Your password is: xxxxxx
Don’t worry, you’ll be able to change your password to something more memorable once you’ve logged in...."

There is no mention that I need to wait for anything, for how long. 

Can't set up online registration, I am inputting my username and d3fault password but I keep getting service errors. My plan was to set up a phone plan with you as well as broadband and i had an alert when i placed my order, saying 'click here to access exclusive phone, SIM and Tablet deals'. I previously had a free sim with virgin that will be switched off when i come over to you, so i need to get a contract set up with you guys asap. What's the problem setting up my registration?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SCHALM12 👋 You won't be able to access your online account until your service has been activated. Not to worry, you can still bring your mobile service over to us and take advantage of the savings for having multiple services with us. Just pop our Online Sales team a message, or give us a call on 03333 040 191 from any UK number and we'll be able to help you set up a mobile contract and port your mobile number over from Virgin.

I'm still waiting for my BB switch (this week) but have already moved my mobile to Vofafone. - note no reduction for dual products!  I've also had to create a separate account for this as my BB account can't be accessed yet as we know (no thanks to Vodafone). Will I be able to merge these two accounts once my BB account is accessible, eventually, or will I have to manage theough two separate accounts?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

You should be able to have your mobile and broadband services on the same account and billed together. This would then allow you to take advantage of a reduction in your Broadband service price for already being a Vodafone customer. We're unable to access your account through our Community, but pop us a private message through our social channels and we'll take a look into this and see if we can merge both accounts for you. 

Hello,

I have made an order for Broadband on 16/02/22 and get confirmation mail with order number. But now it shows: "We can't find your order. Please check your order number and try again. If you need further help feel free to chat to us".

Unfortunately I forgot my vodafone account password and tried to solve it with forgot password option. I received temporary password and many a times I try to login using it, but the response is "internal server error". I also get the codes on my mobile. But only the error displays.

I received message confirmation of Vodafone direct debit setup. But I don't know whether my order is on process or not without any tracking or login. Kindly help me

You can't look on-line :Sad_face: until your activation date.

If you have given them (VF) correct details then

you well get SMS/e-mail alert at every stage of the order ........

That is correct - you get an email telling you to logon to your account which is the whole problem!

Guess what? I've just bought broadband online and I am getting exactly the same emails as the OP, nearly 1 year later!! Nothing has changed! Totally unbelievable. How hard is it to change an email? What a tin pot company. Feel like cancelling.

@TheSilverBullet  @rogfrog thank you for your feedback, this is being looked into at the moment, to get the email and the whole process updated.