Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log in to my account

Xenofar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I placed an order for Vodafone Broadband 4 days ago. Got an email with username and temporary password saying to log in to activate it, but I keep getting errors when I try.

1st try, it asks for username and password and then says "Sorry. An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again."

2nd try, it asks for security code sent to my mobile. Upon entry it says: "Sorry. Internal server error."

3rd try, it asks me to input a new password but when I do, it says "Internal server error" again.

128 REPLIES 128

@Amanda wrote:

@TheSilverBullet  @rogfrog thank you for your feedback, this is being looked into at the moment, to get the email and the whole process updated.  

😂

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Question for the admin, Does the person who we keep getting told is looking into this issue only works part-time ie 1 day a year. I think this stupid email that Vodafone sends out is a lot older than you realized @silverbullet

when Vodafone staff can't even change an email, it really tells a story of when customers have an issue the best thing to do is don't waste your time trying to talk to Vodafone staff, just leave Vodafone and join a difference isp 

Can we have an official response from the admin of why Vodafone is treating its customers so badly? WHY has this issue been going on for such a long time with total disregard to its new customers

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @gipjon - Our dedicated team are look into this and we're proactively asking for updates from them. At the moment they are still investigating this so that the customers accounts and email notifications align correctly.

@Evie wrote:

Hi @gipjon - Our dedicated team are look into this and we're proactively asking for updates from them. At the moment they are still investigating this so that the customers accounts and email notifications align correctly.

What an absolute joke! "dedicated team" - "proactively asking for updates" - "still investigating".

Have you actually read the history of this thread? We are talking about one standard email that gets sent out to all new customers!!! 

I can appreciate why you are frustrated @Dirtywater and the email does need to be changed alongside the timing of it being sent out. This is why the issue has been raised to the relevant team and we are currently awaiting an update from them. Your feedback is noted and appreciated as it helps us to improve our processes. As soon as we have an update from the team, we will let you know. 

gipjon

@Steph wrote:

I can appreciate why you are frustrated @Dirtywater and the email does need to be changed alongside the timing of it being sent out. This is why the issue has been raised to the relevant team and we are currently awaiting an update from them. Your feedback is noted and appreciated as it helps us to improve our processes. As soon as we have an update from the team, we will let you know. 

I am sorry to say Steph this is not an acceptable reply, please look at the start date of this thread. I also started a thread on here myself about 3 years ago after I complained about this issue and 3 years later we are still waiting for an update from your relevant team. so as a Vodafone customer can we have a proper reply from a manager please, and can you supply the name and department of this relevant team along with their contact details please? . 

.....and let us know which day of the year they are working!

gipjon

and we are still waiting for a comment from admin 

It’s now almost 2 months since your post and we’re still waiting, Steph. Before I found this thread, I wasted half an hour on ‘chat’ yesterday getting nowhere and there must be plenty of others wasting Vodafone’s time over the same issue. It is frankly unbelievable that this hasn’t been sorted. I don’t mind not being able to log in until my service is active if this is explained but we are being encouraged to log on from day one of our purchase. Could you please respond. Thanks.

Can't believe this issue is still "live" after all this time. Someone at Vodafone needs a good shaking and shown the door. Poor customer service from day one.

This is an easy fix, it's not rocket science, just common sense. Just get it done!!