Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log in to my account

Xenofar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I placed an order for Vodafone Broadband 4 days ago. Got an email with username and temporary password saying to log in to activate it, but I keep getting errors when I try.

1st try, it asks for username and password and then says "Sorry. An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again."

2nd try, it asks for security code sent to my mobile. Upon entry it says: "Sorry. Internal server error."

3rd try, it asks me to input a new password but when I do, it says "Internal server error" again.

128 REPLIES 128

Same problem here have not been able to login into my broadband account for over 1 year.Been reset with new user/pass multiple times by both calling and web chat but to no avail.Ad blocker on the browser turned off too i've given up.Apparently they are not happy that my mobile number is with EE and not vodafone 🙈

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Your mobile number should have no bearing on your broadband account. Mine was with PlusNet (EE) when I joined but there was no problem.

We're scheduled to be connected tomorrow afternoon, following which I'll try to log in again.

Ye i was supposed to be activated on 25th May but nobody turned up from Openreach.

Was going to claim the £26 under the compensation scheme but you need to login into your account to do that.

Jayach

@silverblack77 wrote:

Ye i was supposed to be activated on 25th May but nobody turned up from Openreach.

Was going to claim the £26 under the compensation scheme but you need to login into your account to do that.

You shouldn't need to do that, it should be automatic.

Automatic compensation for Home Broadband | Vodafone

gipjon

I have heard of people not getting the compensation because the appointment has been cancelled or changed or not even booked on the Openreach system by the ISP. 

and I totally agree its a disgrace the log in issue 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Once your service is up and running @yatp1, you will be able to log into your online account and connect through our broadband app

I'm sorry to hear there's been a delay getting your service up and running @silverblack77, pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll be more than happy to take a look into what's caused this for you.

Yep, I can confirm that I was able to log in almost as soon as our broadband connected but I already knew that would happen from previous posts. The point is that Vodafone don't tell you this from the start. I ordered my service on the 8th May and almost immediately received an email telling me to log in. I then spent ages trying to and getting nowhere on chat. You just need to tell people and you'll avoid wasting everyone's time. 

That's right #Mark carry on ignoring the main issue!!!! Useless Customer Service

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all! I completely understand your points of view, thank you for the feedback regarding your experience with us as new customers. I've raised this to the team so we can look into updating the information customers receive when you take out a new home broadband line with us. This includes the activation email, the information booklet within the router box, and customer service contact details should you need further assistance. It's currently under review, but I'll continue to monitor it for updates

If anyone has any more specific ideas I could add to this, please feel free to add to the thread and I can update the request with the info 🙂