Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cityfibre FTTP cancelled order

ayylmao
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Placed order 1 which was cancelled a few days before the install and I received some generic email about a cancelled order.

Placed order 2 which I cancelled as a better deal came available a day after ordering.

Placed order 3 and checked on the day of install (today) about any updates and it's showing on my account as cancelled even though I've had no phone calls or messages. And realised no router had shown up. Extremely disappointing that not only was it cancelled, but no attempt at communication was made. Poor customer service.

I put in a third order to get the soonest date as it's somehow always 2 weeks away... but is there any point? How can I find out why the orders keep getting cancelled, staff don't seem to have a clue. If I can't guarantee my install will be done the third(!) time, then i'll just go back to virgin. Especially since virgin is fixed cost during the contract unlike vodafone...

9 REPLIES 9

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Are you placing the orders online? It's becoming quite common now for orders to be cancelled with emails stating that you cancelled it.

Phone the number from the vf ads and speak to a human. 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

Phone the number from the vf ads and speak to a human. 

@ayylmao wrote:

Placed order 2 which I cancelled as a better deal came available a day after ordering.

Obviously getting the best deal is important to the OP, which you can't get over the phone.

@ayylmao wrote:

. If I can't guarantee my install will be done the third(!) time, then i'll just go back to virgin. Especially since virgin is fixed cost during the contract unlike vodafone...

I have to say I agree with with that. I have just renewed with Vodafone for another 2 years, on what I consider a fair price, but with their included price rises whilst in contract (CPI+3.9% every April) I could be paying well over 20% more by the end of the contract.

CPI is currently 9.4%.

Let me add that after the first engineer didn't show up I spoke to some staff who said cityfibre cancelled it and didn't know anything else.

Also the CPI increase is on the prediscounted amount, so the 900mbps at £30pm rn will rise on the £63 value TWICE over the contract then they'll just subtract £33. Which will mean your bill will likely double, given current inflation rates.

I would like the extra upload of any of the CF packages but any more messing around and I think I'll call it quits.

I will speak to vodafone soon to see if they can give any explanation but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Jayach

@ayylmao wrote:

Also the CPI increase is on the prediscounted amount, so the 900mbps at £30pm rn will rise on the £63 value TWICE over the contract then they'll just subtract £33. Which will mean your bill will likely double, given current inflation rates.

I'm sure most people don't think about it when they sign up, just looking at the headline price.

Ripshod

@Jayach wrote:
Obviously getting the best deal is important to the OP, which you can't get over the phone

I have to disagree.

I was 14months into my superfast2 contract when I got a leaflet offering superfast100 @ £25 per month. I ordered online and the order got cancelled. Tried again the next week and the same happened. Then the offer ran out.

So I phoned up, explained what was happening and eventually got the order set up and confirmed for the offer price - £28 per month with £3 discount for the length of the contract. And it was installed.

I suppose it's about who you talk to and how you talk to them.

Jayach

Up-grading whilst on Vodafone is different to joining. I have never heard of anyone phoning up to join and getting a better price than that offered on the website at the time.

However I assumed the OP meant going via a cashback/voucher offer. If they meant that Vodafone changed their prices overnight, then yes, calling and getting them to put you on the current deal would have been best.

When my contract was expiring, I called them, and they offered me a better price than new joiners, but that is probably because it is cheaper for them to keep me, than having to setup a new customer.

Cue, loads of posts saying they got a better deal when they joined than the website offered.

Jayach

Actually remembering back, when I first joined on Superfast2, I realised less than a week into the contract, I would have been better going for the "Extra" contract, which gave inclusive calls, an Apple TV 4K and no price rises whilst in contract. (just the calls would have cost the same as the increase in price.)

So I called up and they swapped me no trouble at all. I was worried I might loose the voucher from the site I joined through, but that still came through.

As you say I think it depends on who you talk to, but be polite and friendly and they will usually give you what you want.

Updating that I received the router a few days ago and I checked online and it's showing that my order has been cancelled again.

I will just go back to VM until a more competent provider is available on CF's network it seems unfortunately.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ayylmao - I’m sorry to hear the order’s been cancelled again. We can contact our Activations team for you and ask them to check why this has happened. Please get in touch with my team through Social Media.