Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cityfibre and my existing broadband

cleckhuddersfax
2: Seeker

Hi

I'm looking to sign up for FTTP with Cityfibre.  When I sign up I have the option of porting my land line number.  Does anyone know if moving to Cityfibre will cancel my broadband as well as my telephone contract with my existing provider (Plusnet) or will I have to sort that separately?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @cleckhuddersfax - Assuming that Plusnet have a FTTC to FTTP migration process we will be able to complete a 'working line takeover' which would mean once you've taken the contract out with us you won't need to discuss this with them, we'll take the reigns 😊

I would advise speaking with our dedicate team on 08080 034 515 to check that a working line takeover from Plusnet is possible.

unu828

Fibre to fiber broadband is different then ADSL internet. If you have a landline number using ADSL line you can keep it but you need to talk to your current provider to ensure the transfer.

neilyr

Hi @cleckhuddersfax  

How did you get on - were you able to switch okay and keep landline number ok ?

I am on Plusnet FTTC, deal ending this month, and CityFibre are in process of laying FTTP in street, so keen to move over, as Openreach have literally missed by side of the street out on their FTTP rollout, citing "complexities" :Sad_face:
Just wondered if you and proceeded and what your experience was like

Best Regards

Broadband went in fine, but landline didn't work despite them saying it did.  When I eventually got through to someone who wasn't a lemon after a couple of weeks, they sent new config and factory reset the router.  All working fine now but had to reconfigure my custom WiFi settings, port forwards etc.

krisbattye
4: Newbie

save yourself the pain! City Fibre are rubbish and wont do anything for you in the huddersfield area.

Still waiting for activation and them to fix a fault after almost 10 weeks . . .absolute shambles with no end to this crap service in sight