cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Considering vodafone home broadband. Should I?

QweliOcayas
2: Seeker

I've been a Vodafone customer for my mobile for over ten years, and my contract is up next month so I am thinking about my deal.

I currently pay vodafone thirty quid a month for my phone and pay sky 30 quid a  https://xender.vip/ month for landline/Internet. Would I be better off seeking to consolidate? https://nox.tips/

What's vodafone customer service like, that's of big importance to m e.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @QweliOcayas 

When your close yo the end of your mobile contract phone 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving option to speak with the Retentions Department to see what they can offer.

It depends on what allowances you want and which phone you'd like to what you want to pay per month.

There is the new Vodafone Evo deals too now or maybe move to sim only if your phone is OK.

Independents such as Carphone Warehouse can offer good deals.  

See what upgrade deals they can offer.

If you opt for a new contract with new mobile number and you want to keep your old number then you'll have to start the processes to move your old number to the new contract which involves a few hoops to jump through.

i.e 

Credits to AnnS.
There are two ways this can be done.

1.  Cancel the old contract and ask for the number to be moved to PAYG.  The number will be scheduled to move to PAYG after 30 days.  You will then receive a new PAYG SIM card to activate and top up a small amount to get it active on the network.  You will then be able to transfer the number to the new contract.

2.  Ask Vodafone for a PAC code, move the old number to an alternative network, use the SIM as PAYG on the other network and ask for a PAC code to move the number onto the new contract.If your original contract near it’s end date ? If not then actioning the above would end it and invoke any relavent early termination fee. 

As for customer services as you've been with Vodafone for 10 years I'm sure you know from past experience how well they can do.

You can check what Vodafone can offer via Home Broadband by their online Checker and have a look at the current posts on the forum.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

gipjon
16: Advanced member

to answer your question 

sky got voted best customer server and Vodafone got voted the worse 

Jayach

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @QweliOcayas 

The best advise to make your own decision, if you are not satisfied with speed or service you will have Vodafone's customer guarantee where you would be able to cancel.

Can you point out where it says you can cancel if you are not satisfied with speed or service on your broadband contract?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jayach This would fall under our 14 day cancellation period - so our customers can test our services or speeds during their first 14 days and request to cancel within that timeframe without an early termination fee. There's more under our Broadband Ts&Cs in section 7 or in our Returns policy 🙂

Our customers also have the right to cancel at any point in their contract - if it's outside the 14 days it would generate a fee. 

Jayach

Edit: Oops, duplicated reply

Jayach

@Jayach wrote:

@Tash wrote:

Our customers also have the right to cancel at any point in their contract - if it's outside the 14 days it would generate a fee. 

As the fee is equal to the number of months remaining, times the monthly payment, I would not call that cancelling, it's paying out the contract.

farnandez

It depends on what allowances you want and which phone you'd like to what you want to pay per month. But If you opt for a new contract with new mobile number and you want to keep your old number then you'll have to start the processes to move your old number to the new contract which involves a few hoops to jump through. gb whatsapp

Mazzy13
4: Newbie

I switched 24/2  and still cannot receive calls despite having spent hours and hours on the phone and promises it wiil be sorted. Actually on the phone right now!. My advice would be avoid Vodaphone if  you are thinking of including landline. There are lots of folk on here who have had similar problems

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Mazzy13 - I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue even after a few weeks 🙁 We'd hate to any of our customers to feel this way. If you would like us to look into what has happened with your landline number please drop us a message on social media. Make sure to include your landline/account number, link back to this forum post and your forum username to save repeating yourself.