Welcome to Vodafone Community
Switched to VF vdsl broadband and landline on Wednesday. Hopefully my experience will help others.
Overall very simple. Initially during the changeover keep my own modem/router connected to the internet using 3G/4G LTE.
- Plugged in the VF router and switched the cable over then switched on the router. The internet light soon changed to solid white signaling an internet connection.
- Using wifi connected to the router and start a browser. Immediately a message came up in the browser from BT wholesale saying that the login had failed.
- Then received a message from VF giving me my new static ip. Tried the browser and now seemed to get no connection at all.
- Logged into the VF router and checked the status of the connection which said everything was ok.
- Tried using my 3G/4G LTE connection to access a webserver I have running on my network using the new static ip. Connected no problem.
- Decided to change the dns servers to Google’s 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199. Everything then worked!!
- Switched the cable back to my own modem/router and logged inusing the username and password provided by VF.
- Again could load any pages in browser except for VF’s own pages.
- Noted that logging into VF had changed the dns servers so changed back to my normal ones and everything worked.
So the problem of broadband apparently not working was down to the dns servers. So I would suggest that anyone having problems activating their BB should try changing the dns servers to standard ones such as Googles.
Sorry posted to quickly
Again could load any pages in browser except for VF’s own pages. SHOULD HAVE READ
Again could NOT load any pages in browser except for VF’s own pages.
For myself these work sometimes but not always.
So like yourself, I manually set my routers dns to googles or other name servers.
Many other VF users have suffered the same issue and I have noticed on this forum, it is common for VF staff to instruct cumtomers to change dns to google servers.