Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Delayed broadband activation without communication

TaTka
4: Newbie

Hi all,

it is really frustrating.

I am switching to gigafast and had my installation on the 14th , with the clear commitment that activation would be done by midnight.

After a few encounters with further promises 'of within 24h', excuses like 'activation pending on activation team', 'openreach is working on the line', ' fiberxxx (who?) has problems', 'I have issued the order, I am writing the email now' I still have no commitment to an activation date. Just the feedback that they are not allowed to confirm anything but that everything is on my record in vodafone.
Today I got the information that it will happen in the morning, and that I should call the hotline for confirmation and the hotline told me it will happen within 48h - 7 days after installation - and a promise that vodafone will make it up to me soon ... by providing the service that I pay for.

There wasn't a single email to me to give me any update on the current status or a new date of activation.

I don't have much trust in the current commitments and am really worried that even the overlap of 2 weeks that I have planned for the services won't be long enough and I will struggle to keep my work going.

The lack of communication and competence in support is shocking.

17 REPLIES 17

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm disappointed to hear you've had this kind of experience with us @TaTka. It sounds like the last adviser's got everything sorted for you and once this issue's resolved over the weekend, you'll be all good to go 😁 If there's anything else we can help with, you know where we are.

Hi Mark,
thank you for coming back to me.
You can imagine how disappointed I am.

And the update for today, I didn't get a call back on Friday, I didn't get a call back today between 2-4pm, and I don't have internet that is working... so up to another pleasant hour in your support line without any progress.

Somehow I believe everyone is hiding if there are bad news, and the customer is sitting there with no communication.

TaTka

I am again with the less incompetent team... after 15min of 'checking' the answer was 'BT complete everything is alright the process will close the order now soon...'
after asking a second time to get the DOA checked (it is even denied that there is one), I am waiting now in the loop again... for 30min and the other side is just waiting for me to hang up.

It is incredible.. I think after one hour I'll have to give in and hang up and give it another try... what a waste of time...

John83
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I too have had a terrible time with Vodafone. my installation date was the 23rd of oct, vodafone changed it to the 29th without telling me, The engineer could not complete the job, So i was given another installation date, Again the job was not completed. I was then assured that my broadband would be up and running by last Saturday, Again no connection. They then changed my activation date to the 6th of Nov. Guess what, still no connection. I phoned them today to cancel my order and after sitting in 3 different ques they hung up on me. Vodafones customer service is shocking and full of false promises and to top it off they have the cheek to send me a bill for services ive never had

TaTka

It is just beautiful, this time it was only 35min.

Again I had to fight to get the DOA checked (because in the system it must look like everything is alright, I even got the information that it will be up and running in 24h)

After double checking the DOA we found the information that has been updated yesterday... the engineer will go out to check the line on the 11th.
There is no escalation possible as nobody is available, I may get a call back on the 11th. I think I shouldn't wait for it.

I love the promise that it will be made up to me when the service is up and running.

Overall I am where I was in the beginning, or even worse... 26 days after installation, no communication from vodafone side, but after chasing someone up a promise that someone will look into it in 2 days and that I'll get an update. The agents don't even dare to claim that they'll own the case.

TaTka

on the 11th I had a good call (after 1 bad one) and got even a call back.

The update was that the work wasn't finished and that the engineer would come first thing in the morning to finish the work at the line (not at my property).  I'd receive a callback with an update in the morning.

That didn't happen, so I called and it was really bad.

But after 1h I was somewhere and someone claimed that the work has been finished and that they got advised to issue now the order for the SIM team to activate the line.... my internet will work in latest 3 days.

That there is another 'order' to be completed that takes 3 days is absolutely news to me, and I am not confident that there has anything happened at all. I tried to escalate but wasn't put forward.

I am really tired, it's just not worth it

TaTka

The router light has stopped blinking, the internet is on. I am live.

Only 29 days after installation and 22 times calling the support line with over 16h hanging in there I can use there service.

I don't see any indication that there will be improvement, so good luck for all of you.

Keeping the UK connected is our main priority - Vodafone 2020

Glad to hear your time wasn't wasted in the least 😉