Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Delays and Problem with Broadband Activation

fhoj123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dear Community, 

Looking for some much needed advice on an issue I have been suffering with for the past week. I had just moved into a new flat, and was in search of a new broadband contract. My landlord has been with Vodafone up until this point, and was kind enough to continue the contract for an extra month to allow us some time to switch. I chose to go with TalkTalk, due to a cheap deal they had going at the time, however suffered from many issues. After TalkTalk changing the landline number and having been told there was 'multiple external issues' that 'had been looked at and fixed', I was still unable to get connection. In frustration, I switched back to Vodafone after a month of no working broadband, in the hope for wifi. 

I have just switched, and my broadband was supposed to go live early last week. However, there had been a delay in activation and I was told by customer service it be online within the next 24 working hours. After waiting, and having no change, I got into contact with the Vodafone switch team again to get an update, of which they then proceeded to say it is still delayed and that it will be activated at the weekend (six days after the initial activation date). It is now the day after, at the time of writing this for desperate help, it is still not working. If there is anyone on this forum that may have any advice, tips or solutions to what the problem could be or how I can fix it, I'd be greatly appreciative. It's been a long and painful ride and I just want a working broadband. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @fhoj123 

Sounds like the switching has glitched  :Sad_face:

I'm hoping due to it being the weekend you'll get connection on Monday.

If not then speak with the Broadband Team “ call 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week. “ Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs and or give the Social Media Team's a try via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandOfBrothers, 

Thank you for the response; Will give it a try first thing tomorrow morning and all going well, it'll be sorted. 

Cheers. 

AnnS

Hi @fhoj123 

The next time you contact Vodafone, they need to check the order status with Openreach, there is probably some delay caused due to the move from TalkTalk with the landline number change and moving back to Vodafone and Openreach need to complete their part of the work.