Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Engineer no show

Dodonono
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Due to be connected yesterday and the engineer didn't turn up. Openreach came and put the new fibre cable to the house very quickly after I placed my order (just the cable no box) and my router arrived 3 days ago. I can't log in to my account (have had to create a new one to post here) so I assume my account isn't active. I've had a message to say that my direct debit has been set up. I've DM'd on Twitter and Messenger yesterday but not had a reply.

I assumed that the engineer visit would be to fit the external box and connect the service. 

I was told when booking that there would be no need to come into the house but the Openreach engineer said that they would need to fit a new box in the house so we made sure that some one was in all day. 

I'm not sure what is happening and whether they need to come into the house when they do arrive.

7 REPLIES 7

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

An engineer visit is definitely necessary as they need to commission the install. This means they complete the fibre install into the home, fit an ONT, connect your router and should stay on site until a connection is confirmed. Then it's up to Vodafone to configure your router remotely.

Without the engineer visit you'll never get a connection.

The quickest way to get in touch is via chat: www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd

I really can't understand why they still push the media channels, it can take days to get a response. 

Thanks, is that all done by a Vodafone engineer or do Openreach fit the external box ?

Ripshod

@Dodonono wrote:

Thanks, is that all done by a Vodafone engineer or do Openreach fit the external box ?

Openreach have started the install so they'll complete it :Winking_smiley:

They'll also install the ONT inside your premises close to where you want your router.

Thank you for your help Ripshod.

So does that mean that I have to get Vodafone to contact Openreach to do the work or can I get in touch with them myself and will I need another visit from a Vodafone engineer or do I just set it up myself after the installation ?

Just managed to speak to an adviser on TOBi chat and they don't have any suitably qualified engineers to install at present so they are updating me in 2-3 days, so watch this space. Would have been nice to have known before though.

Ripshod

Your contract is with Vodafone. Vodafone's contract is with Openreach. You only ever need to contact Vodafone.

Jayach

@Dodonono wrote:

Just managed to speak to an adviser on TOBi chat and they don't have any suitably qualified engineers to install at present so they are updating me in 2-3 days, so watch this space. Would have been nice to have known before though.

Vodafone do not have engineers who make home visits. (I'd debate whether they have any at all)

All visits will be carried out by Openreach. (or CityFibre if you were on them)

Why Openreach didn't complete the install at the time is a mystery.