main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband activation

Failed activation date

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Had BT. All was good just a bit expensive. Switched to vodaphone for activation on June 12. 10 days later and still broadband. Called many times, operators poor. No call backs when they promise. Called complaints there supposed to call me on Monday.  Issue is open reach and vodaphone. My contract is with Vodafone if they can't meet switch overs they should not commit. Not happy do not recommend these clowns

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3: Seeker

No response on Twitter - as usual.

Conversation today with Fathy who confirmed he has now cancelled the order - see attached letter and notes. I will now submit a claim for compensation for loss of service and time spent trying to resolve this mess.

Hopefully an end to a one month+ saga when Vodafone failed completely three times to provide service

View solution in original position

View more options
17 REPLIES 17

Another victim I see!

Activation promised for 5th June - 18 days later I am still without broadband. Promises broken. Feel sorry for the customer service staff who have to suffer Vodafone's lousy systems. I recommend registration with Resolver

It's a free dispute resolution service which Vodafone subscribes to.

Resolver won't solve your frustration with Vodafone now but when you come to file a claim for compensation...

View more options

It's really disappointing to see you're both still waiting for your broadband activation @Mmclean24the and @farci

We'll need to access your accounts to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options

Put simply - I don't believe you can help given the complete failure of the Vodafone sales system.

We are not the only complainants. Your customer ratings are awful, none of the people who answer have any power to get things done. It's odd you blame Open Reach for not providing or keeping installation appoinments when I can go to a rival and obtain a confirfmed appointmen online beofre my order is confirmed. It's strange you have sent me THREE modems. It took you 14 days to send me a mifi temporary replacement.

I sent you my account number via Twitter, but today for the second time I was refused access as I cannot see the PIN you sent me to the mobile on my account. Each day for the last 19 days I explained the security problem. I feel really sorry for your operators who must put up with a broken system.

I reserve the right to cancel my order unless this is solved by 26th June. In any case I will be sending you a compensation claim for expenses, loss of broadband service

View more options

Had updates today. Open reach are working on it expect to have a BB service by Wed 26th. There also sending a dongle out - will arrive on Tuesday. Hopefully the done will get us running while the main service is fixed. 

View more options

@farci I'm sorry you've had this experience regarding your broadband activation, I appreciate how unsatisfying and frustrating this must be. We'd love the opportunity to turn this around and help get this resolved. It's a shame to hear you've had difficulty with the security of your account over Twitter, there'll be other alternatives regarding the data protection of your account and I'm sure our Social team will be more than happy to present these to you. 

@Mmclean24the I'm pleased to hear you've received updates of your broadband activation date 🙂 If you need anything else in the meantime, please don't hesitate to pop us a message!

View more options

Why would you send out a dongle when you already sent one? Just forget the whole thing 

View more options

BTW - when I said ‘forget it’ I mean 26th Open Reach. I have. a job to do so not available that day. Already spent two days waiting in

View more options

Well now.. its Wednesday evening - 14 days after activation date - 12th June. Was assured by Customer support it would be live within 3 days of my last call on Friday 21st June. So gave them 4 days !!!

I do have a MiFi unit with 50GB which arrived on Tuesday so I am able to work - this is free with a months access so basically Vodaphone have another 28 days to get my service active -- confidfence here is low.

The point is not matter what they tell you Vodaphone have no control over the switch process and just guess.. blaming 3rd parties for incompetence.

Not sure what else I can do now - been told no point in contacting customer support and the broadband will come active eventually.  Meantime I need medical support to help with the anguish... and frustration of dealing with Vodaphone. Will post this on twitter and facebook next.

View more options

Please post a link to your social media so I can retweet it.

Vodafone's shortcomings are well known but it is hard to blame the individual customer service personnel who have to deal with a sytem already condemned by Ofcom

View more options

I'm disappointed to hear you've had this kind of journey with us @Mmclean24the. I'm sure we'll be able to help get your service up and running. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. So we know what steps have already been taken, please include a link to this thread in your message.

View more options

You guys are priceless - ANOTHER email re Broadband with a username/password notified to me on 28th June!

Please accept this as notice of contract cancellation due to lack of performance at no charge to me

To summarise:

- you have sent me three broadband routers

- you have failed three times to agree an installation date

- it took 16 days to deliiver a free MiFi for one month so as to maintain a basic connection

- you have sent me a bill for £79 which I can't see because you cannot give me access to my Vodafone account. Therefore I am not liable for this amount until resolved.

- I have now contracted with an alternative provider who will install on 8th August. I expect you to maintain basic service through the MiFi device free of charge up to that date

I will pursue a claim for expenses incurred and damages through Revolver unless you send me a direct mail address at Vodafone

View more options

Broadband was active 13 days after the aligned date. Emails and notifications came thru on the actual activation date. Shame it took a lot of calls to chase this up. Speeds are in line with expectations. Completed a on line complaint form for compensation. Let's see what happens next.

View more options

@farci I completely understand that this has been a difficult and disappointing experience for you and I'm sorry to hear it's still ongoing. Have you been able to get in touch with us via our Facebook or Twitter accounts? We wouldn't be able to accept a notice of cancellation here on the Community, as we don't have access to your account. If you've already been in touch via these channels, has someone already got back to you and looked into this further? 

@Mmclean24the I'm really glad to hear your broadband is now up and running - I can only apologise for the inconvenience that was caused. If you've raised a complaint, an adviser will be in touch soon to help you further. 

View more options

Five days to reply to my post on Community! I post regularly on Vodafone Twitter account,  latest was yesterday under my @farci handle. Never received any reply. Pl send me an email address I can communicate with - I don't trust you guys on the phone. This morning I received a letter confirming install date 9 July 🤣.

View more options

All is now fine complaint has been taken and happy with the outcome. Service levels are good. Shame the switch was delayed by 13 days. Vodaphone need smarter controls here and be honest if they not going to make a date because of open reach or third party they should admit it. Set the expectation and it will help smooth the process if it's delayed

Be proactive not reactive and fight fires. Final comment my issue only really got supported when I spoke with on shore support. I'm now signing off this thread. 

View more options

Thanks for the update @Mmclean24the, I'm glad eveything's up and running and apologise once again for the delay. 

@farci have you had a response from our advisers on Twitter? Has there been any update? Let me know, if not I'll try and get someone to chase this up for you. 

View more options

No response on Twitter - as usual.

Conversation today with Fathy who confirmed he has now cancelled the order - see attached letter and notes. I will now submit a claim for compensation for loss of service and time spent trying to resolve this mess.

Hopefully an end to a one month+ saga when Vodafone failed completely three times to provide service

View solution in original position

View more options