Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty Router?

ianh100
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I had Gigafast installed today, the instalers turned up at the end of the agreed window and I had to pop out before they connected a device and showed it working. When I got back i found it worked on a wired connection but there was no WiFi light. No matter what I tried in the settings I could not turn on the Wifi. After trying all sorts of attempts I reset the router. It will now no longer connect at all!

I called support but they said it will activate by midnight but I am pretty convinced that is not the case. The router resets every 10-15 seconds and I get no Ethernet light on the ONT. I would have expected steady power lights on the router and perhaps a red internet light if it had not completed. 

Do they send out any engineers or are they going to suggest they post me another router? That would not be here until next week. Like many I am working from home at the moment so simply can't work without the internet. 

1 REPLY 1

MarkD

Hi @ianh100, we know the importance of having a working and stable broadband connection. Now midnight on the activation date has past, is there any change with the connection and is the WiFi now on?