cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Home move request causing existing broadband deactivation 8 days before move.

kalvin83
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Happy New Year. I requested a home broadband move 3 days ago and was told that the earliest move can take place on 8th jan. I even told them that i dont need to take my existing landline number with me.

I woke up on 31st dec morning and found my line has been disconnected and broadband is gone. A solid full week where i am supposed to work from home fully using fibre broadband to support my business. Not just that i have 2 small kids who are not going to school due to break and covid. At no point i was made aware or notified that my existing broadband will be disconnected and i will be left with no internet for more than a week.

Only after customer care start their hours at 8 am, I was able to tell somebody the issue. Even after explaining that this is a big problem for me and my business and not too mention all the personal level trouble they said they cant do anything and its a procedure. I have never heard that in any home move you are left with no internet for 1 week. They keep on suggesting using mobile hotspot but how on earth a mobile hotspot can compete with 70 mbps fibre connection. A nightmare experience and i told politely but strongly that i will never chose vodafone ever again and encourage my friend to never opt for them. Is this a normal thing?

Thanks

Kalvin83

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

When are you actually moving, and was that communicated to Vodafone?

Hi

Thanks for reply. Move is on 8th jan and yes it was notified that is why they started the process but way too early for disconnection.

Kalvin

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@kalvin83 wrote:

Hi

Thanks for reply. Move is on 8th jan and yes it was notified that is why they started the process but way too early for disconnection.

Kalvin

Yes it does leave you in no man's land in regards to coping until then @kalvin83  !

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @kalvin83 

The intention I'm sure is to make the change as seamless as possible.

It appears from what you say their systems have kicked in but it would have been good support to at least let you know instead of you finding out via a closed down service ! 

We obviously have no access to Vodafone systems as we are fellow customers so I assume once the process has been set in motion this is what they mean by they can't do anything at this stage now.

Going from the help page located here my-vodafone-account/home-moves they say “ Please let us know you’re moving at least 30 days in advance, so we can have your broadband ready for installation on the day you arrive ” with “ Your new address and moving in/out dates

You could speak with the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries but they have the same account access as the agents you've spoken with which I assume are the Vodafone Broadband Team number found in Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs. 

Hotspot use and tethering is an idea in the interim but your right your family's usage needs may swamp that and to add Mobile Data allowances would be used up way faster this way.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.