Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Three months to install, worked one day, then down for a week and counting

JaspalX
4: Newbie

[Title was: How long does cityfibre take to fix 'blocked' fibre pipes/paths/whatever? Been a month...]

Hi, Had a gigafast install partly completed a month ago but the guys said that they couldn't pull the fibre through to the house because there was a 'blockage' 80m down the road. I've had one check in from Vodafone that told me, 'cityfibre haven't done the work yet' (which really, I could tell already). 

Anyone have experience of how long this might take and how to get it progressed?

I'm in support limbo...I can't log into my vodafone because not activated, I can't track my order because now it is 'not found'....

This is in the Solihull area if that makes a difference.

I'm just glad that the cancellation of our (to be fair, very reliable EE service) didn't go through on the original switchover date.

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

krisbattye
4: Newbie

Dont even entertain the clowns!

I waited 4 months with promise after promise broken.

In the end i sacked them off and went to virgin media

maybe the answer (in my case at least) is, a month.

finally got through on the phone the other day and was told they're coming friday. so let's see!

yep been there and bought the T Shirt.

Dont trust a word that comes out of them anymore!

Full of hot air and not enough action . . if its city fibre doing the work . . . . just walk away now. bleeding to death is less painful than waiting for these clowns to fix anything

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

My apologies for the delay getting to you @JaspalX - if you'd like my team to double check anything, please come and chat to us via social media

If you include your community username and a link to your post, you won't need to repeat yourself either 🙂 

Yes, thanks Amanda, I tried that. Nodbody answered your fb messenger chat, despite me sitting waiting for a couple of hours. 

Yeah, fair enough it seems.

Nobody turned up today.

I rang vodafone support and was promised a call back, but they didn't. When I called again I got through to someone who made me think they may have spoken to city fibre...apparently it will all be fixed on the 4th.

No reason given for the work not being done. 

Escalated to a complaint (but of course, no manager available to speak to)...

spoke too soon! finally got to speak to a manager who basically said, (paraphrasing) 'our back office team will know when cityfibre get around to telling them it is fixed, don't know when that will be'

They also make it reasonably hard to register a complaint, I had to keep insisting that I wanted a complaint logged!

Despite being told (only yesterday) that I'd get the next update from cityfibre next week, two very pleasant guys turned up today and fed the fibre through from the house to the cabinet. So I guess, in my case, the answer to my original question is 'just under two months'.

Now waiting on someone to connect the fibre to the terminal in the house and trigger the switchover. 

Wonder how long that will take!

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for keeping the thread updated @JaspalX - I'm pleased to hear there's been some progression.