cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long does it take to get connected to the Internet?

SugarNuttyK
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

How long does it take to get connected to the Internet?

Engineer has been and said its setting up router light is white and flashing been about an hour and no internet so I was wondering how long it takes.

Screenshot_20210111-141022.png

  

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If the internet light is flashing white it sounds like the modem may not be correctly provisioned (Vodafone's name for registering it) on your line. Give them a call on 08080 034 515. 

Yes a solid white flashing light in the book it says it's setting up lol

Thanks for that I shall give them a call. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If your service is due to go live today @SugarNuttyK, it can take up to 11:59 to activate. If your service isn't live by then, pop us a message through our social channels. One of our team take a look into this during the night and I'm sure your service will be up and running in the morning.

Hi thanks for the reply I rang the number left previously and was told this as I wrongly assumed that midnight of the 11th (today) was lastnight not by later today you see. 

Thank you for your help 😊 

Jayach

I hope it does come live for you today, but I think Vodafone should have enabled your line before Openreach do the swap. Do let us know.

Hi I shall let you know so far not on yet 😩 it's a pain when the kids (4 and 2) want YouTube on and their favourites that they have been used to on and this is an easy switchover haha 😂 but hey ho hopefully we shall be on in the morning ☺️ 

Jayach

Fingers crossed:Fingers_Crossed:, but I can't see it happening now.:Sad_face:

I had the same problem, they wouldn't do any thing until after midnight and they had all gone home.

@Jayach wrote:

Fingers crossed:Fingers_Crossed:, but I can't see it happening now.:Sad_face:

I had the same problem, they wouldn't do any thing until after midnight and they had all gone home.

You were right no Internet 😭 

What a nightmare I have never known a company so slow to switch over and I have been using Internet for at least 20 years.... Especially right now when it's more important than ever for people with having to work from home... Connect with families and loved ones... Teach and entertain kiddies....

Think we're on for another long day 'sigh'

I'm all good now Woohoo had a fab woman Jackie from the tech team help me had to do a hard reset on the router and some tech bits her end and we're on 😊