Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I don't know what to do

chris529
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Got a text saying "Welcome to Vodafone Broadband - Thanks for choosing us" this morning. Our previous ISP disconnected us after midnight and it's been replaced with *drumroll*... Nothing.

The FTTP socket is there but we have no kit. So we can't use it.

I usually wouldn't be too fussed about not having internet but the other half needs to work from home... with a shift tomorrow!

Nothing is happening. I've given up. The order is apparently stuck in their warehouse system as perpetually dispatching. So every time I talk to someone I'm told the router will be with me in 24-48 hours. I was told that 5 days before the service was due to start, on the day the service was due to start and I'm still being told that now.

I spoke to one competent agent that knew what had happened and would get it sorted and call me back today before midday... So I waited and that hasn't happened.

I've come off the phone again being told everything is just dandy and I know it's not. I know no router is coming but I don't know who to talk to.

Knowing this I spoke to live chat which has also told me to pointlessly wait another 24 hours instead of fixing the order.

I'm really fed up because I know there's a problem and I'm being told there isn't. If there wasn't I would have had despatch notifications for the kit - but I haven't.

I'm supposed to get a £250 gift card as part of the sign up deal and I'm now wondering if that'll go belly up as well.

What do I do? Is there someone who can get my order unstuck and not tell me to wait another 24-48 hours?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm u sure if the Vodafone Social Media Team's can help but it's worth a shot @chris529 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Vodafone needs to own this and resolve it for you so I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks - I've messaged them again. Maybe someone will sort it out.

I know exactly what's happening having worked in call-center based customer service before. I think Vodafone likely has hiccups in it's ordering processes that aren't being identified until it's too late and you've got to the "angry irate customer" formal complaint stage. I feel like I'm being passed around getting told it'll be despatched in 24-48 hours over and over. Clearly the first agent I spoke to had it right knowing full well it's jammed at a warehouse despatch stage.

My best guess is that it's my address - it doesn't show up on postcode lookups.

If I get told it'll be another 24-48 hours again I think I'll need to slam my head against a brick wall.

Hi,

same issue here, activation in 2 days and since last week I keep being informed it will be with me 24-48 hrs.  I work from home too and my current broadband is getting disconnected.  I am not confident I will get the kit delivered.

messaged the so called social team but haven’t heard back since morning??

I thought virgin media was bad but this seems worse and wondering whether I am doing a mistake disconnecting them for this shhit service.

Does your address not show up on some postcode lookups by any chance? Wondering if that has anything to do with it.

If you haven't received a despatch email then it's possibly stuck. Thankfully received one here and it should be with me soon (although I don't want to jinx it - edit: nah I jinxed it now there's new problems and they can no longer deliver it today?).

I agree with you on CS... been a bit of a grim experience. Ended up feeling pretty helpless. My other half has been shielding due to immune problems and had to go on-site today because remote work isn't possible without internet; it can all be done remotely and it's a hospital so possibly not a great place to be if you should be shielding.