Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet light white, but no internet

SaitO
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, my broadband (account number 7054601042) should have been active since June 9th, but there is still no internet. Not even a weak signal. Power, internet and wifi lights are on and white. Upon the advice on the web chat I tried both restarting and resetting the router. 

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SaitO 

There might be some help in 》Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs. 

And maybe call 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I think I already went through all FAQ options to fix the issue. For the call center, I couldn't manage to pass through the robot, which was just repeating me where the FAQs were, and reach a human operator.

BandOfBrothers

From ringing the number or 191 just ignore all the prompts and hopefully it should then change to press an option to speak to an agent or try the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. I'd suggest Twitter. Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself @SaitO 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ok, I'll give the call center number another go.
How does 191 work? When I called it, I got a "the number you've called is not recognised" message.
I've created this topic mainly to send the link to the social media teams. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really sorry to have to ask this, but have you tried connecting to the router using an ethernet cable?

Yes, I've tried. No internet from the ethernet cable connection either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would assume then, that if you manage to contact tech support again, either yourself or Tech support will not be able to fully access the router properly.  Right now, it's genuinely sounding like a faulty router, which short of getting a replacement or using an alternative there is no means to fix!

Good luck - I hope you can get this sorted quickly!

Ok, I managed to contact a human through the call center last evening. Apparently I needed to report the issue as "Broadband activation" rather than connection issues to pass through the robot. Afterwards the operator said that she's going to run some tests, the call ended and minutes later the internet connection was working.

The only remaining problem seems to be that I cannot use dating apps for some reason xD Any ideas about this?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SaitO With you saying apps are affected, is this happening when you're using your mobile phone? If so, are you connected to your Wi-Fi or data when trying to get onto these apps?
If this is only happening when you're connected to your Wi-Fi you may need to check your current content control settings in your My Vodafone account. Should it be happening when you're on your data connection, you can also update this in your Vodafone app.

You can find more on how to do this for mobile or broadband on our 'How do I change my age-restricted content settings?' page.

Please let me know if this helps!