Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is SUPERFAST 100 Full Fibre FTTP?

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

I just placed an order for SUPERFAST 100 through the Vodafone website and installation is scheduled for 28/3/22, but I'm a little confused... Can anyone confirm that SUPERFAST 100 is full fibre (FTTP)? FTTP is available at the pole  via Openreach. I'm seeing conflicting information after ordering! 🤷🏼‍♂️

20 REPLIES 20

Jayach

Superfast 100 has to be FTTP, as that speed is not available over FTTC.

I don't know if it is definitely available over Openreach, but it is over CityFibre.

In the info they have sent you do they state the expected speeds up and down? If the speed down is higher than up, it will usually be Openreach, if they are the same it will usually be C.ityFibre,

WelshPaul

Thanks!

It will be Openreach as there is no CityFibre here, just Openreach and Virgin Media. I can't have a copper line here, the lines always crackle and go dead after a few days (local FTTC cab is fair distance away 300m or more). Openreach would hijack lines to complete repair jobs and constant threats of "If the fault isn't there on the day we will bill you £250 was enough to get me to switch to VM who I have been with for years now.

jcvof
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

According to https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/full-fibre only Ultrafast or Gigafast are FTTP.
Just before install, you will get an email like:
https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-activation/Will-I-be-charged-60-for-switching-broadband-fr...
which mentions microfilter and telephone line so that pretty much confirms it.

Jayach

@jcvof wrote:

According to https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/full-fibre only Ultrafast or Gigafast are FTTP.

Where on that page does it say that? It is simply not true. 

In FTTP areas ALL services will be supplied over FTTP. including Superfast 1,.2 and 100. (apart from existing customers)

In FTTC only areas, Superfast100 (the topic of this thread) will NOT be available.

WelshPaul

I guess I will find out on the 28th of this month. I will ask the installer if it's fibre or copper, if the later I will refuse installation and just cancel the order. 👍

Jayach

It HAS to be fibre, as I said earlier 100 Mbs is NOT possible over copper. (Except for GFast services, and as far as I know Vodafone don't supply those)

Jayach

@WelshPaul wrote:

I guess I will find out on the 28th of this month. I will ask the installer if it's fibre or copper, if the later I will refuse installation and just cancel the order. 👍

Please do come back and confirm which it is, just for the disbelievers.

WelshPaul

Given that a Vodafone Moderator agrees with @jcvof doesn't exactly fill me with much confidence. 😔

At my home the fastest speeds I could ever get via FTTC was around 27mb due to the distance of the cab from my home. So, good luck trying to supply me with the minimum 50mb guaranteed speed let alone the advertised 100mb speed! 

I will however come back and let you all know on the day if the install went ahead and if it was full fibre or copper line. 👍

Jayach

I wouldn't worry about  the Mods, they know nothing about broadband.

How is your current broadband delivered, overhead cable or underground?

If it is overhead Openreach should already have fitted the CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal) to the pole from where they will run the new fibre.