main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband activation

Is my account activated?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

So my broadband was meant to go “live” on the 18th of Feb but each time I try to connect a device to the router, I get a pop up saying

No Internet Connection “Please Click Reconnect to Restart the DSL Line” 

Each time I click “Reconnect” the Internet light goes solid Red, Flashes Red, then pulsing Green 

At no point has the Internet light on the router gone solid green, it is just pulsing green

After countless calls to customer service broadband team etc still no sign of getting online?

Has anyone had this issue and could help out?

Iv had 100GB of data so far, but hotspoting with my phone is getting annoying now 

Iv had an engineer out and he’s checked all the line and it’s doing what it’s meant to do.

I think a new router is worth a try, but Vodafone want to run test after test, those phone calls become a standard procedure 

Im sure you have to carry out atleast 5x Resets, before you get to someone from the Tech Dept.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Was a combination of issues, 

1. Incorrect Domain

2. Open Reach engineer (incorrectly set cables up at the box) 

Finally online, 

Three routers, two engineer visits and countless calls to support.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
14: Advanced member

It sounds as though you've never got past the Tech 1 team.  This is a team who apparently follow a tightly set script based around the things VF expect to go wrong and not comprehensive enough to cover much else.

From what us users here have gleaned:  When you first connect the router it connects it passes a "key" to a VF server which in return sends the username and password to the router that allows it to log onto VFs network proper!

So if your router is getting as far as a flashing green internet light on top, that suggests it's managing to create a VDSL conection, but it's not able to log on.  This kind of suggests that either the router itself is faulty, or that there is no account set up for "key" the router is holding.

Either way if you still want to be a VF customer you'll need to speak to the Tech 2 team to either get the information on their data base corrected for the router, or have them send out a new router (at their expense - they are very good at charging the postage all over again!).

View more options

Thanks for that appreciate it, I will try and get in touch with tech team two at some point today.

View more options

Was a combination of issues, 

1. Incorrect Domain

2. Open Reach engineer (incorrectly set cables up at the box) 

Finally online, 

Three routers, two engineer visits and countless calls to support.

View more options

Hey @Massey_C, thanks for the update; I'm glad to hear that you're up and running and apologise for the delay. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to get in touch; I'll be happy to help in any way I can. 

View more options