Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Little communication since signing up

Sawinkworth
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Signed up with Vodafone Broadband on 15th October, with go live date of 01 November.   Apart from a confirmation email, we have not had any other communication, despite the confirmation stating we will.  Also states we receive the new router 3 working days before activation (which would be today), but have heard nothing about this.

We have moved from NowTV, and we are surprised they haven't contacted us too. 

Should we be worried that the order hasn't gone through correctly?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Sawinkworth wrote:

We have moved from NowTV, and we are surprised they haven't contacted us too. 

Should we be worried that the order hasn't gone through correctly?

It does sound a little worrying. You won't necessarily hear from Now, except perhaps for a "sorry you're leaving" letter/email, but Vodafone should have sent a email with a link to access your account and a temporary password.(It may well not work, but I think it should have been sent)

I would try contacting Vodafone to confirm what is going on, as if the swap over occurs and you don't have the router you will lose access to the internet.

Did you sign up online or over the phone?

Hi

Thanks for the response 

It was online,  and have the Web order number from the confirmation email. 

Thanks

Jayach

@Sawinkworth wrote:

It was online,  and have the Web order number from the confirmation email. 

I would think that online orders would be more reliable, people can make mistakes at times.

I also signed up online (via a comparison site) and my original "go live" date was put back by about a week, but I was updated by email. I also got an email from DPD the day before the router was due to be delivered.

Do keep us informed as to how you get on.

Well it seems like our order was cancelled, which we didn't request, and had no knowledge of (not even received an email to say it was cancelled)

Jayach

I must say I was expecting that. Many people on here report cancellations without warning.

Were they unable to give any reason at all?

I don't know if you originally went via a comparison site, but if you do decide to try again there are very good voucher offers at the moment, however I'm not sure I would want to take the chance.

Would Now broadband not match the new user prices if you renewed? I may be moving to them when my contract is up. (assuming they continue offering free call package.)

They just said the order wasn't made properly and some details didn't match... Which doesn't make sense as we had the confirmation.     Just been through it all again on the chat and details were fine. 

Didn't bother trying with NOWTV again,  the speed has dropped over the past few months, since our main contract expired, and despite all checks cannot find any issue. 

Jayach

@Sawinkworth wrote:

Didn't bother trying with NOWTV again,  the speed has dropped over the past few months, since our main contract expired, and despite all checks cannot find any issue. 

Speed degradation is usually due to problems with the copper part of the line, and as that will be the same physical line with Vodafone, it will be interesting to see what you get.

Good Luck

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear your order was cancelled @Sawinkworth and that no-one got in touch to let you know. 

If you need us to check anything, please come and chat to my team on Facebook or Twitter 🙂