Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New broadband, waited all day for engineer, no information

father_ted
2: Seeker

Pretty self-explanatory - ordered broadband two weeks ago, no engineer showed up yesterday to put the line in.

Wasted a day waiting around, call centre has no information - how have other people's experiences been?

Are there any VF reps here who can help?

12 REPLIES 12

father_ted

I've spoken with Vodafone by phone, who say that Openreach sent someone yesterday who wasn't able to do the work. They're apparently sending someone today who is of a higher grade...

Halfway through day 2 of waiting in for an engineer and no sign yet.

Hi @father_ted 

Our broadband team would love to take a look at this and get you some information about the engineer visit. Just use this link here for the Twitter and Facebook details 🙂

Hi @MarkD

I was in touch earlier with Imi via Facebook who confirmed that an engineer would come today. Sadly, it's almost 5pm and I've wasted another day waiting in for somebody to not turn up.

This is pretty poor - if I'm not home when the engineer calls, Vodafone will charge me something like £100 for their wasted time. How much should I get off my bill for the two wasted days of my time?

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @father_ted! Did an engineer come out to visit either yesterday or today? Have they mentioned if this visit was due to be a home visit?

I'd advise you continue your conversation with us over Facebook, this way we'll be able to check your account for any notes that our engineer may have left. Keep us in the loop with how this goes 😊

Hi @Stubbo

No engineer yet, although I did get through to a nice man in the Egyptian call centre who has given me as much information as the engineers have given the call centres.

Assuming everyone is telling the truth, they:

-sent an engineer on Monday who was not sufficiently qualified to do what was required

-sent another engineer on Tuesday who, while able to do the work realised that he would have to enter my house which he was unable/unwilling/not equipped to do.

-are sending (have sent?) a third engineer today to complete the external portion of the work and resolve a fault somewhere in the area.

-will be able to confirm a time tomorrow when the installation can take place.

It's far from a seamless customer experience, to be honest. Why they keep sending engineers who can't complete the work is beyond me, and must be massively commercially inefficient.

An update, in case anyone reads this to see how their installation might go:

I'm now being told that installation will take place next week, a total of eight days late. This is for a standard urban residential property with the telephone pole directly across the street.

Vodafone have given me some extra free mobile data, but this is sadly of limited use as evening speeds are around 0.75Mbit.

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @father_ted 
Thanks for the update! 

Amazing that you've been able to get through to one of our advisers and get some clarity on the situation. I completely understand this hasn't been the smoothest of customer journeys, hopefully this will all be wrapped up as soon as possible. 

Great to hear you're going to be able to discuss a suitable date for the installation tomorrow, I'm sure one our helpful engineers will be able to get everything sorted for you. 

If you need anything, you know where we are - have a super rest of the week 😎

Hi @Stubbo

So this is now beyond a joke. After three days of missed appointments last week I spoke to Vodafone on Thursday and agreed Tuesday 16th as an installation date.

I called just now to check that was still on, so I didn't wait in unnecessarily. Apparently someone changed the install date to Monday 15th after my call, and nobody contacted me, so I was out all day and missed the engineer.

Vodafone customer service are saying they can't even call Openreach until tomorrow. I'll probably get a bill for a missed appointment too, that will be fun.

Can any of the forum team refer this to a senior complaints handler who can actually resolve things?

After getting through to someone pleasant and useful on the phone yesterday I was promised a 10am call back today - which of course, hasn't happened.

Anyone thinking of using Vodafone for broadband - don't.