Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New customer connection dropping connection

Tommc
2: Seeker

I'm  a new customer with go live date of 26th August & the connection keeps dropping.  Spoke to customer services yesterday and they said it was due to optimization.  This morning  I have no connection at all.  I'm now told it will be 3 days before the issue will be resolved!     How can I work from home without a connection?  Wish I had read reviews on this site before switching providers!    Vodafone is keeping the UK Disconnected!     

1 REPLY 1

AutieArtist

Hi Tommc I am new to Vodafone as an ISP to, my start date was the 24th of August, I did have some trouble-no internet for a while,that turned out to be my fault,I had used the included DSL filter when it’s not needed with fibre.

i think the optimisation is true,as they try to spread everyone on different channels to make sure it’s a fair go for everyone,but some channels are not as busy as others I know you can change this yourself in the expert sections of router control panels usually,as long as you get an idea of what you are doing.

At the moment, people are still overloading the internet,due to still working from home, being bored and needing something to do, all the TV streaming services being rammed etc,I’m not surprised it’s slower than it can be,but in your case it’s really not fair and I’d fight to get the first month free if I was you as it’s affecting your life,my support staff had to do that with my last ISP-BT.

I think vodafone have less staff and engineers still and many are still working from home so I’d wonder if this woud be part of your delay.
they sorted out my problems the same day,using my support staffs mobile phone camera to check the setup and router lights (I am non verbal autistic so dont have a phone).

If I was you,I woud keep phoning as I don’t think it’s right that you have to wait three days if I didn’t have to.

I don’t think there is such thing as a perfect/all rounder ISP as they all seem to have a number of people who run into problems and a number of people who don’t,and a lot of people who don’t have problems with their ISP will often not speak out.

Iwas talking with my support staff a lot before changing to Vodafone,about the other ones,and some of them had had a great experience with ones that were a nightmare for me in the past.

i hope it’s sorted out for you soon!