Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New member poor WiFi, good cable connection

Vindaloo123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello all I have been a sky customer for a year and had a okay time, it would occasionally fail due to the weather and other little matters but as contract was almost up and with both using open reach I figured I shouldn't have too much trouble despite seeing the complaints.

But now that I am with them (mind you only being second day up and running ) I have good speed from router to the Ps5 getting 59mbps which I think is perfectly acceptable however on the WiFi its struggles to get 2 to 3 mbps as pages seemed to struggle to load depending on the page. (I never did speed test on phone with sky, I'm aware of the issues with Vodafone ) 

I was curious should I wait for a week for the connections to settle or will this be a indefinite issue. I'm alright with technology but alittle ignorant on the router technical side of things. The engineer said its a good line so could it be the router? And if so could I use sky's old router? Or will it be locked out due to the brand. 

4 REPLIES 4

Cynric
16: Advanced member

.@Vindaloo123

There has been some other discussions in the forum about Wi-Fi signal strength.

As a first step have you tried rotating the router or relocating it (if possible)? It does seem to me that it has a weaker signal than other routers that I have used. I have another device at home for providing Wi-Fi as I gave-up on the VF THG3000 signal.

Yea did all that to the same effect just don't want to get stuck in a contract full of inconveniences although I suppose that's my fault 😂 I'll give it some time as I'll be relying on broadband more to watch things and there was no issues yesterday with that, just my computer and phone 

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

You can obtain, by asking, for a username and password and then use A.N. OTHER router/modem.

Call 08080 0345 15 

dsl0123456789 @ broadband vodafone co uk

parsewurd

Cynric

@clint_flick wrote:

[snipped]

parsewurd

That password shows up in a hack, ho-ho. (dear reader: tongue-in-cheek).

https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords