cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Service after Go-Live date - Vodafone let me down..

ksingh
3: Seeker

I was a a Vodafone customer for last 3 yrs, I started off at 75 MG speed, 50 MB minimum guaranteed speed. That dropped to 35MB over the years and I had to leave as they won't do anything, not even supply a new router without upgrading my line for another two years.

So I Joined BT, and transferred without much issues - this part was brilliant. . BT was promising 50 MB and only received 30 MB or even 19 on days... disgusting still.. another mistake, 

As Vodafone are now giving minimum guaranteed 73 MB, decided to move back within first 14 days.

Yet another mistake. 

Yesterday was meant to be activation date, but no internet/ BB.  After an hour or two on the call with Vodafone agent and wasting time, checking cables, etc etc. "Agent said, it can take up to midnight - 7th Dec" . Giving them benefit of doubt. I gave them until Midnight, but deep inside I knew there was something that didn't add up... I asked the agent what if  still no internet tomorrow 8th - morning. She assured me it will be fine. Famous last words..

Today 8-th Dec have no BB and decided to call again.. 

Agents making excuses and trying to fob me off again. Agent:, "It could be that you are keeping the number ? it's taking longer."  I said, cut the BS and speak to BT/ Openreach and let me know why this is not up and running and its nothing to do with keeping same number. 

Turns out I was right,  Openreach made a cockup and the line is delayed but goes to show absolutely no courtesy, customer services from the agent.. Agent trying to make excuses without checking facts. Additionally. The agent refused to log this as a complain and said there will be notes on account. No reference number. I wonder where do Vodafone find these inept agents. 

I don't get Virgin in my area so stuck with these BT dependant vendors/ ISPs who are absolutely disgraceful. 

I'd be checking my speed throughout the first 14 days. if speed is less than guaranteed. I won't let them close the 14 days cooling off period. if I can't I'll close the account...

Alternatively, I'd just get a SIM with 4G/ 5G and avoid these BS altogether. 

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If two different suppliers give approx 30 Mbs then that is probably all your line can support.

Check here to see what it should be capable  of:

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

The broadband speed guarantee is useless if the line cannot support it.

If your sync (not download) speed is significantly less than the broadband checker suggests it may be a problem with your internal wiring.

You really would have been better staying with B.T., as you are finding Vodafone support is atrocious.

Thanks buddy..

It does seem like an issue with the line, but VF aren't checking that yet. Tube lights ?

I originally received 50 Mbpsa couple of years ago., this dropped to 35 in last year with VF, but moving to BT it was worse.

Back to VF its at 41Mbps however, BB checker says I should get 65Mbps. I am working with tech and asking them to carry out a full line test, if I have to pay £150 for this I'd do it, worse case, but line faults should not be chargeable to customers unless lines (extensions) after BT Master socket is faulty.  

We as a consumer suffer on all fronts ! 

Hi

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/01/bt-wholesale-broadband-checker-adds-downstream-handbac...

AND what does your router inform you of???

DSL Status Information

DSL Mode
ITU-T G.993.2_Annex_B (VDSL2)

DSL Uptime
7 hours, 2 minutes and 37 seconds

Line Coding
DMT

Status
Connected

Number of Cuts

Link Power State
L0

Line Quality

Downstream Upstream
Current Rate73988 kbps20000 kbps
Maximum Rate79315 kbps24308 kbps
Signal-to-Noise Ratio6.3 dB8.3 dB
AttenuationDS1 5.1 dB, DS2 11.5 dB, DS3 18.8 dBUS0 3.4 dB, US1 9.8 dB, US2 14.4 dB
Power13.5 dBm-6.9 dBm
CRC Errors in last 422 minute(s)229687
K (number of bytes in DMT frame)00
R (number of bytes in RS code word)108
S (RS code word size in DMT frame)0.10500.1554
D (interleaver depth)88
Delay0 ms0 ms

Establish some numbers, because if you change ISP then you at least know whether they are different, then you can perhaps make a case.

neo4403

Welcome to the club!!

Several of us had same problems as you did, my case was exactly like yours (the activation delay and no service part). It took VF 30 days (17 days after planned activation date) to get broadband to me although this was a miracle because they said the next update will be on 31 Dec and until then I wouldnt have any connection. Their billing team also charged me quite a lot for mifi device and despite calling them everyday and being on phone for 1hr they disconnect my calls. I dont see any update from them. 

ksingh

Thanks all -for contributing to this post.

After a long chat with VF technical team, they are surprised that I am only getting just over half of what I should get on my line. I am within CO period and they are monitoring my line for three days. 

Today, 10 - DEC, the sync on router is : 48.7 Mbit/s.  

When connected wired I am getting 41M ..which is good compared to BT's 19Mb / 30 Mb,  but  BB checker says my line supports higher speeds i.e 65Mb. How accurate is that or just a sales tactic ?

I spoke to a good technical person at VF who seems to know what he is doing. Although, the three days monitoring on a test socket is beyond me. That'd only confirm I don't have secondary lines or internal line faults. Nevertheless, I have a scheduled call from this guy tomorrow 11/12/2020, to find out why speeds are slow. 

I have asked for a full line test to be carried out and engineer sent out to remediate any issues at the Cabinet / Exc.

Apart from trying a Third Party router  to see if that makes any difference on speed. I can't think of anything else.  I'd wait to see what tomorrow line test brings to table. In the meanwhile, any suggestions ?