Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No broadband for 4 months

mazeem
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I placed an order for a new broadband connection in May-2020. I was told that the installation would be completed in 2 weeks.

I have since been given at least 12 engineer appointments, more than half of which failed to turn up. For the remaining, they were not able to carry out the work as they were not multi skilled.

Vodafone have been quite useless as their call centres abroad struggle to understand the issues and just continue apologising without doing anything different. I ask for a manager and get told that they will not be able to do anything different. Can't complain to Openreach and just stuck without internet for nearly 4 months now.

The engineer was supposed to turn up this morning but now its been postponed another 9 days as they say they need more time. When I asked why, the adviser didn't have an answer and is simply oblivious. All I get it is "I apologise and I will take ownership" but I have heard that every time.

Any suggestions on what I can do to escalate this?

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Why have you not gone elsewhere?

Because I’ll have to go through the same process again with any supplier - still reliant on Openreach.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mazeem It sounds like there's been a little confusion over this. I'm aware there was a delay fulfilling orders that required an engineer, this was due to the restrictions of the lock down, this may have affected your order in the early days. I believe we're now back on schedule, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore. So we can take a look into your account and chase this up for you, please pop us a private message on Facebook or Twitter with your full name, landline/account number and a link to this thread and we'll be be happy to help 😊