Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not quite activated

danielson00
2: Seeker

Good Morning,

My connection was meant to go live today (Friday), I switched from Plusnet and Vodafone gave me a new number.

So far the following has happened -

- 7am Plusnet router and internet died,

- 10am my landline showed new voda number, and I could make/receive calls etc

Since then my router has been flashing red/white on the internet status light, however looking at the router it appears has a DSL connection (details below), but won't connect.

Would I be right in assuming BT Openreach have done their bit and Vodafone need to ok/activate it.  I have sent a message on twitter, hoping to be picked up in the morning.

DSL Status Information
DSL Mode
ITU-T G.993.2_Annex_B (VDSL2)
DSL Uptime
29 seconds
Line Coding
DMT
Status
Connected
Number of Cuts
Link Power State
L0
Line Quality
Downstream Upstream
Current Rate 74000 kbps 19999 kbps
Maximum Rate 80291 kbps 20818 kbps
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 7.3 dB 6.5 dB
Attenuation DS1 5.7 dB, DS2 23.7 dB, DS3 18.9 dB US0 3.6 dB, US1 14.8 dB, US2 16.8 dB
Power 13.9 dBm -5.5 dBm
CRC Errors in last 0 minute(s) 0 0
K (number of bytes in DMT frame) 0 0
R (number of bytes in RS code word) 8 10
S (RS code word size in DMT frame) 0.0752 0.3885
D (interleaver depth) 16 4
Delay 0 ms 0 ms
Downstream Upstream
Super Frames 0 0
Super Frame Errors 0 0
RS Words 1482640 299623
RS Correctable Errors 0 0
RS Uncorrectable Errors 0 0
Downstream Upstream
HEC Errors 0 0
OCD Errors 0 0
LCD Errors 0 0
Total Cells 4126750 0
Data Cells 79 0
Bit Errors 0 0
Downstream Upstream
Total ES 0 0
Total SES 0 0
Total UAS 31 31

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

All working now, someone phoned me. 

Took router serial number, told me to reboot and wait an hour.. 20 mins later all working!! Thanks to all! 

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

danielson00

Just spoke to adviser, he tried to configure router remotely and rebooted several times.

However told had to wait 8 days as "There is some work which is pending at you near cabinet.."  and it will happen automatically. Said it was Vodafone issue, rather than BT OpenReach

Oh well, least I got through to someone in these difficult times.

I was meant to go live the 30th, I've just got off the phone with the complaints department. I've been chatting to people on Toni webchat who've been telling me it'll go live the next day. Last night I got told it would be live today. Low and behold it is not. 

They said I need an engineer even though the whole reason I got it was so I didn't need one. Also got told the street cabinet needs work. It's a ##~## show to be honest. 

All I ca say is ring them direct as webchat have no idea what's going on. 

Sorry to hear that, sounds awful.

I spoke to someone yesterday too, they said they would ring me back with an update on Wednesday and sent me a text message to confirm .

The weird thing is the landline works fine and the router is synced at around 78mb. On the plus side, they have given me unlimited data until its fixed and its actually faster!

They offered me data but I'm unfortunately on EE. got work tomorrow and I've already used 80% of my data so I have no idea how that's gunna go! 

I just wish they'd postponed it due to all of this, I've had the hub since middle of march. 

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @danielson00. I'm really sorry to hear of this issue. When switching customers over from other provide that use the Openreach infrastructure, we sometimes come across faults that you may have not been aware of. When we then find this, we're keen to fix this before you go live, to ensure you have the best possible home broadband experience with us. 

I can only apologise that it's been difficult getting through to us, at the moment we're experience more contact through our channels than usual due to the ongoing situation and we're doing our best to help all of our customers. If you need any updates on your activation then please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

All working now, someone phoned me. 

Took router serial number, told me to reboot and wait an hour.. 20 mins later all working!! Thanks to all! 

Higgy5150
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi 

How did you get this sorted?

Open Reach told me all was well this morning, Vodafone told me to wait until midnight, not feeling optimistic they will sort

Steve