main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband activation

Notifying old provider

sirwolfie
3: Seeker

Quick question  - Does Vodafone notify my previous service provider (BT) that I have switched broadband and home phone? I thought they did but I still have both and presumably paying for a service from BT that I no longer want.

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Amanda

Hi @sirwolfie - if we're taking over both your landline and home broadband (often called a Working Line Take Over) from your old provider this would usually stop your service with them - the only exception to this is for Virgin Media customers, as they use a different infrastructure. 

So we can look into it further, please come and chat to my team over on social media 🙂 

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Amanda wrote:

Hi @sirwolfie - if we're taking over both your landline and home broadband (often called a Working Line Take Over) from your old provider this would usually stop your service with them - the only exception to this is for Virgin Media customers, as they use a different infrastructure. 

So we can look into it further, please come and chat to my team over on social media 🙂 

Or, possibly, if you are going on to Cityfiber or another non-Openreach full fibre supplier.

View more options