Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Notifying old provider

sirwolfie
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Quick question  - Does Vodafone notify my previous service provider (BT) that I have switched broadband and home phone? I thought they did but I still have both and presumably paying for a service from BT that I no longer want.

2 REPLIES 2

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sirwolfie - if we're taking over both your landline and home broadband (often called a Working Line Take Over) from your old provider this would usually stop your service with them - the only exception to this is for Virgin Media customers, as they use a different infrastructure. 

So we can look into it further, please come and chat to my team over on social media 🙂 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Amanda wrote:

Hi @sirwolfie - if we're taking over both your landline and home broadband (often called a Working Line Take Over) from your old provider this would usually stop your service with them - the only exception to this is for Virgin Media customers, as they use a different infrastructure. 

So we can look into it further, please come and chat to my team over on social media 🙂 

Or, possibly, if you are going on to Cityfiber or another non-Openreach full fibre supplier.