Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Odds of activation tomorrow?

adsb
4: Newbie

New forum member and new to Vodafone's Superfast2/Phone.

So far very unimpressed. And this activation section makes for depressing reading.

Broadband was meant to be activated on 9th November 2020, still waiting. Apparently its going live tomorrow 18th November 2020... though I don't have much confidence. Landline worked on the day so "yay"!

I have been provided with a 4G sim card however there is no 4G where I live so uploads are a heady 3-5mbps on 3G.

Called, used live chat, written a letter of complaint, nothing seems to gee this lot up.

Vodafone appears to appreciate ranking their performance so here goes:

Landline working on the day 10/10

Broadband not working 0/10

Live Chat 2/10

Calling advisor 1/10

Recommend a friend 0/10

Overall rating 13/50

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just out of interest who exactly are the social media team? Are you customer service agents, a go between, I'm interested to know what exactly you can do which currently isn't being done on live chat or the phone?

I'm starting to think this blame it all on Open Reach scenario is a red herring. In as much as I've had 3 activation dates and no service. I'm not Open Reach's biggest fan but I think even they could figure out a broadband activation in one visit let alone 3 allegedly "failed" ones.

Bit fishy all this. Something to add to my online Vodafone complaints file which will get ignored.

View solution in original position

24 REPLIES 24

neo4403
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

We are also having the same problem, Vodafone disconnected our broadband on activation date and did not provide any service to us. 5 days without internet now, this is the first time in my life I am seeing such a worst migration process. Helpdesk is crap and broadband activation team dont care about my calls except reading a script - "Openreach will update again on so and so date". This is utterly ridiculous. Its my mistake that I havent seen the forum before placing the order with Vodafone otherwise I wouldnt have ordered. Despite this another bug is that they use Huawei hardware which I am not interested in. Hope it goes well for you, I will raise a complaint to Ofcom or Ombudsman now. Thanks

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@neo4403 wrote:

Despite this another bug is that they use Huawei hardware which I am not interested in.

Not any more, they use a Technicolor router.

Nothing wrong with Hauwei tech its the most advanced and fastest kit available. 

people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.  Trump throws a johnny in the works and hey oh Hauwei are spies. 

Well the biggest spy is Google  Then facebook.. Id think twice complaining because even if your not using an Huawei device. Which i know for sure you will be. Hauwei are not the issue. 

Vodafone are just idiots and mess everyone around then blame there tech for peope who cant do there job. 

Cynric

.@Dazza2021 What was that all about?

Sorry to hear another disgruntled customer! Thanks fingers crossed and all that. Like yourself never experienced such a poor switch i 20 years online. A marginal issue with TalkTalk was resolved in a few days which is saying something!

Good luck to you too, think you might need it. I'll update this post tomorrow.

11:30 here, still no broadband, not expecting anything to change but will update as the day progresses!

As predicted... update from live chat:

Madhu : Yes, There is delay.It will not work today however we will notify once it will work.

😂Pathetic.

Oh, this is the same guy who came to chat with me but Vodafone returned my call. Unfortunately the web chat team cant do anything, i mean anything at all as they just see an internal portal and update you but its only the UK team who you can reach by calling can access the Openreach portal and atleast give you some insight. Please call them and see if you have any luck..

Sound advice! Thanks. Just for a laugh I thought I'd try live chat again, apparently my new activation date is the 26th November! Yeah, 'cause is it!

I know these advisors are put in a really difficult situation (thanks to their bosses at Vodafone), but the info is so unreliable its not really worth wasting your time. I'm in two minds to take the downtime hit and cancel but then again its all down to Open Reach... hmmm! Probably end up with nothing for months!

As it stands I have a plan B but it will cost me.... awful so far, at least I'm not getting charged for the broadband that isn't connected... BONUS hey?