Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Odds of activation tomorrow?

adsb
4: Newbie

New forum member and new to Vodafone's Superfast2/Phone.

So far very unimpressed. And this activation section makes for depressing reading.

Broadband was meant to be activated on 9th November 2020, still waiting. Apparently its going live tomorrow 18th November 2020... though I don't have much confidence. Landline worked on the day so "yay"!

I have been provided with a 4G sim card however there is no 4G where I live so uploads are a heady 3-5mbps on 3G.

Called, used live chat, written a letter of complaint, nothing seems to gee this lot up.

Vodafone appears to appreciate ranking their performance so here goes:

Landline working on the day 10/10

Broadband not working 0/10

Live Chat 2/10

Calling advisor 1/10

Recommend a friend 0/10

Overall rating 13/50

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just out of interest who exactly are the social media team? Are you customer service agents, a go between, I'm interested to know what exactly you can do which currently isn't being done on live chat or the phone?

I'm starting to think this blame it all on Open Reach scenario is a red herring. In as much as I've had 3 activation dates and no service. I'm not Open Reach's biggest fan but I think even they could figure out a broadband activation in one visit let alone 3 allegedly "failed" ones.

Bit fishy all this. Something to add to my online Vodafone complaints file which will get ignored.

View solution in original position

24 REPLIES 24

PS will give them a call tomorrow cheers!

Evie I have contacted the social media team on Twitter, provided my details, but not got a reply, please advise? I know you want to help, but nothing is being attended too - 2 weeks+ and counting. All I want is my broadband back never had an outage like this in 20 years its ridiculous, not just that I have no internet, but comms/help/action is seriously lacking. Its not acceptable all these false promises.

Its Superfast2 broadband activation day again - 27/11/20 - third time lucky?

9th November nothing

18th November nothing

27th November nothing yet... 

Of course I will update this to its conclusion connect or cancel.

What do you think on or off? Answers on a postcard! 15:43 and nothing, no updates, no calls, no text, no email, no broadband. Vodafone is the communications business right? I expect by "midnight" there will still be nothing. I contacted the social media team yesterday and Rich was very helpful. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason its still not been activated. Even if some miracle happens and I do get connected today (yeah right), I can honestly say this is the worst experience I've ever experienced and anyone that reads this thinking Vodafone is the answer to your internet needs please look elsewhere - you have been warned. 3 weeks Monday... another week to go with no BB and I'm cancelling (4 weeks and no internet = no penalty clause, see ya!), already getting sorted for a switch. In addition I have an ongoing complaint and a case manager that has responded zero times, how useful.

Just out of interest who exactly are the social media team? Are you customer service agents, a go between, I'm interested to know what exactly you can do which currently isn't being done on live chat or the phone?

I'm starting to think this blame it all on Open Reach scenario is a red herring. In as much as I've had 3 activation dates and no service. I'm not Open Reach's biggest fan but I think even they could figure out a broadband activation in one visit let alone 3 allegedly "failed" ones.

Bit fishy all this. Something to add to my online Vodafone complaints file which will get ignored.

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

.@adsb Just be careful with the questions that social ask. I went to the ICO about the intrusive questions and they said not to answer. After that VF found a perfectly useable telephone number to contact me from.

Thanks I'll bear it in mind, nothing untoward last time 😉 I'll end up cancelling next week so no worries.

Update: 18:00 27/11/2020, third activation missed. Live chat followed by "social media" help, that only respond when you select "Business" was a waste of time. 

Its official Vodafone are cack, their advisors lie and have no clues or influence. They blame Open Reach but in reality they never contact them, just make up dates to keep you placated. They oversold the £23.50 p/m fibre deal that is plain to see.

Why they cannot be honest I don't know, but as of today this will be my last post as I'll be cancelling the non existent broadband once the 4 week of nothing rolls round.

I'd like to say its been fun, but it hasn't. 

@adsb

So no luck for you too then?

No one contacted me also and no update from 24 Nov as mentioned by VF. I didnt even bother to call them afterwards as I am preparing to complaint to BBC Watchdog and Rogue traders. I know no one cares as its VF but I will not give up as this is ridiculous. They steal our data, wont provide any service despite disconnecting the old service and cause unnecessary stress. They should pay compensation and stop selling any new connections until all activation issues are fixed. Bunch of jokers!!

Good for you Neo, good luck getting your service or a new one soon - see you on the tele haha (so much for my last post!). If mine comes on next week I'll update again - just for the sake of completeness. But I'll probably have a heart attack if I see that blinking red light turn solid white so don't bank on it 😉 Then again I'm not a believer in miracles. 😁