Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Odds of activation tomorrow?

adsb
4: Newbie

New forum member and new to Vodafone's Superfast2/Phone.

So far very unimpressed. And this activation section makes for depressing reading.

Broadband was meant to be activated on 9th November 2020, still waiting. Apparently its going live tomorrow 18th November 2020... though I don't have much confidence. Landline worked on the day so "yay"!

I have been provided with a 4G sim card however there is no 4G where I live so uploads are a heady 3-5mbps on 3G.

Called, used live chat, written a letter of complaint, nothing seems to gee this lot up.

Vodafone appears to appreciate ranking their performance so here goes:

Landline working on the day 10/10

Broadband not working 0/10

Live Chat 2/10

Calling advisor 1/10

Recommend a friend 0/10

Overall rating 13/50

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just out of interest who exactly are the social media team? Are you customer service agents, a go between, I'm interested to know what exactly you can do which currently isn't being done on live chat or the phone?

I'm starting to think this blame it all on Open Reach scenario is a red herring. In as much as I've had 3 activation dates and no service. I'm not Open Reach's biggest fan but I think even they could figure out a broadband activation in one visit let alone 3 allegedly "failed" ones.

Bit fishy all this. Something to add to my online Vodafone complaints file which will get ignored.

View solution in original position

24 REPLIES 24

Hi adsb, not sure if you saw my update in previous post, good news is that OR engineer rang me yesterday and fixed the issue at the cab. He said although there was some work done at the cab, the previous engineer didnt complete it which he didnt understand why. As you said it was a miracle and red light turned solid white (its not great white though, its very dull..just a joke). Good luck with yours, I will keep an eye on mine and if it doesnt perform i may disconnect and order a 4G SIM with a 4G router. Speed shows 35mb/7mb. OR engineer says the line is enabled for 80/20 but distance is about 700m so he thinks why the speed isnt great. There is also a cab in my street but I am connected to a cab further away from me..

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm glad to hear you're up and running now @neo4403. I'm sorry to hear the original Openreach engineer didn't complete the activation as requested. If you like, we'll be happy to get this investigated and fed back for you, just pop us a private message through one of our social channels and we'll get this raised.

So we can take a closer look into the delay getting your service connected @adsb, get in touch with our Social Media team and one of our dedicated team will be happy to get this chased for you 😊

Thanks Mark but I've exhausted the social media help... was told yesterday as it was escalated to Customer Relations and I have a case worker all updates go through him.  He was very apologetic and I feel something may not happen but still no broadband activation 3 weeks+.

*may now happen

Excellent news Neo glad to hear you are up and running. Unfortunately despite a call from Customer Relations case worker (re my complaint) and assurances that it would be live yesterday its not! Expecting a call later - no clue why its taking so long but least you are on 👍 Mine will be 4 weeks with no BB next Monday!