main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband activation

Oh Dear! Looks Like Signing Up With Vodafone Was a Big Mistake!

3: Seeker

I'm already starting to worry about my decision to sign up with Vodafone for Broadband, and it hasn't even been activated yet! No router (aka Wi-Fi Hub) manual, features on the device that are redundant; and now an SMS telling me I can go to a page in 'My Vodafone' to view my Direct Debit details. THE PAGE DOESN'T EXIST! Is it always going to be as bad as this? The amount of time I've wasted, trying to find out information about what was on offer, both before and after signing up. 0/10 Vodafone, so far!

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

I was emailed a transcript of a Support Text session.  Why are my two substantive inputs obfuscated? This means I have no record of my query. (Note: I have removed personal details from the file below, a .docx file saved from the email.)

View more options
Highlighted

I made a formal complaint online about getting an SMS, directing me to a page that doesn't exist, where (allegedly) I could check the correctness of my direct debit details. When I am asked to review the details of my complaint before submission (and in the email acknowledgment of my complaint) the actual complaint field is not shown, only the field re what I want Vodafone to do to resolve it! How can you trust an IT company, that can't apparently construct a web form that 'POST's all the fields entered! I await developments with interest; but it's 70% likely at present that I'll be cancelling within my 14-day cooling off period. I've no wish to get involved with yet another Kafka-esque world of total weirdness!

View more options
Highlighted

Update: Just had a 'phone call with 'Daniel from the Vodafone Directors Office' and am much reassured; likelihood now 90% will go ahead! (Complaint form weirdness notwithstanding, the complaint procedure gets a quick response, which is important if you need issues sorted out before expiry of cooling-off period. It's the one impressive feature of my Vodafone experience so far.)

Apparently, the SMS system for notification of billing info is used for both mobile contracts and broadband, and gets triggered automatically; but only with mobile will there be something to show straight away, it'll take approx two weeks after activation for broadband billing details to appear.

Was also able to get three other minor queries answered by Daniel while on the phone, so now much happier that the decision to sign up with Vodafone was a good one.

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @AdrianK_IT - thanks for keeping us updated on your journey so far, I'm glad that Daniels managed to help you out! 

View more options