Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Oh what fun call centres are

LeeEastaff
2: Seeker

Where to start, we have been waiting for 7 years to get fibre in the area and then the day finally came, and we could place our order and then the fun started.

Placed an order for Vodafone Pro 500 to be installed on the 29th of April and all was going well router got delivered on time. Then the day of the install came and no engineer turns up and then the calls started , so after 4 calls , I got to a person was some brain and found out my order was cancelled by city fibre. So, we did a new order and had a new install date of May 12th.

The following morning, 2 men from Kelly communications came around and explained that there was a fault in the pipework under the house that has stopped the engineer from coming around. So, they fixed the pipe work and we continued to wait till install day.

So, 12th of May came around and Kelly communication came around again, and install my fibre and all way good with the world. So engineer told me it would be a few hours and then services should be up, if not give support a call and they can let me know what is going on.

So, call then at 3 pm I called up and they told me all was good and the service should be up by midnight. So, wake up the next morning and still no internet.

So jump on the phone and no one can help me as they are doing a system update at 8am, so wait till 10 am and finial get to talk to someone, who tell me that it will be another 24-48 hours before my services goes live. so here is too waiting.

There is my story, will update on progress at is unfold, if anyone has any info on how to get answer then please let me know

Cheers Lee

6 REPLIES 6

LeeEastaff

so another morning still no internet, I guess I will wait and see if I get a call today at 3 pm , here is hoping for internet before the weekend

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear about the time it's taken to activate your services @LeeEastaff. If you haven't heard back from our Fibre team, I'd recommend that you reach out to their team directly by calling 08080 034 515 from any UK mobile or landline. They'll be able to take a look at the account and provide you with more information on what's going on. 

@Farai, Thank you for the info, yep I have been calling each morning to get an update but it is a waiting game for my account to go live, 

So still no internet 😭 , but there looks to be light at the end of the tunnel, I got thought to 2nd line support and they think they know where the issue is, just got to wait on 3rd line support now, but I have a ticket on the system now, so I can focus my calls now. 

I do have to say this , there some good call centre staff they are trying to help and do the best that they can

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

That's the issue the good staff has to talk to the bad staff and then the bad staff will parm the good staff off and then nothing happens.

If I was you I would start complaining this will help to speed things up or at least get told what is going on, The next time you phone up, ask for a complaint to be escalated to the escalations department. A very nice person from the escalations department will phone you the day after and will find out what is going off. they will give you an update by phone or email every time there is an update. The best thing is the person owns the complaint and will do all the leg work for you, Plus they also bypass a load of restrictions including the tickets, etc. 

This is the best action you can take as the escalations department is very good and will be chasing you, not the other way round 

I totally agree, it is a shame that it has to come down to this, I have been dealing with the Xpert Team, they have new upfront and trying their best. I am hoping to get my internet working 2 day , but we will have to wait and see