Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Open reach silver to gold line status

HHM
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am moving to a flat that has Virgin Broadband on a data cable. I want Vodafone via open reach port that I know is in the flat. Vodafone say that the line is silver and needs to be gold for activation. They said contact open reach, but they are not replying. Do you think once the Virgin contract ends, the open reach port will become gold again? From what I am reading it is actually the Broadband supplier that needs to request a line check to turn it gold again. Please advise. Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There are some threads that discuss this topic which may help if you search via a forum search.

One is Broadband-connection/Silver-account-status-to-gold-status. 

And

Unable-to-switch-to-Vodafone-Broadband. 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook maybe able to help.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@HHM wrote:

Vodafone say that the line is silver and needs to be gold for activation. They said contact open reach, but they are not replying.

From what I am reading it is actually the Broadband supplier that needs to request a line check to turn it gold again. Please advise. Thank you 

It seems you know more than Vodafone, mind you I think my cat knows more about broadband than they do.

@HHM wrote:

Do you think once the Virgin contract ends, the open reach port will become gold again? 

No.

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

Try a search on the flat address....

CabinetTest.png

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

and this one...

https://www.aa.net.uk/broadband/home1/

Read thru this, page 10 etc.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/downloads/dialogue_services_product_guide.pdf

Submitted orders with a Silver or Bronze ALK attached will be sent to the Openreach Network
Addressing Team for validation and may result in extended lead time.

Advanced search
 Building number and street and post town
 or building name and street and post town
 or postcode and sub-building
 Optional flag to return the non-postal addresses not known to Openreach
 Optional flag to include BT exchange addresses
 Optional field Site Search Description(Primary Classification Descriptions) with List Of Values

That means it is available for installation, but double checks will probably mean a little extra time, therefore the more VodaFone actually do, the quicker it will happen.

You can give the exact details that appear on any bills for that property, or paperwork about occupancy etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the end of the day it is down to Vodafone to be speaking to OpenReach - you as an individual have no contract with them.  If the people you have talked to at Vodafone are so incompetent as to not know this I really think you should take this as an omen of things to come and consider other routes to getting your broadband!