Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OpenReach Hub

Ravenk
4: Newbie

Hi folks 

We live in a new build house that is 5 years old.

The whole development is fibre to the door.

We are currently migrating to vodafone from BT (been with them for 5 years).

Our setup is a OpenReach ONT, that has a power cable in it and a network cable that plugs it into an OpenReach HUB (?).   Our BT Wi-fi router then plugs into via a network cable into a port in the OpenReach HUB and a wire connects our master telephone socket into a telephone port in the OpenReach HUB.

We are waiting for our vodafone connection to go live that is currently running 2 days late.

The landline is dead (recorded message saying out if service) , but internet still connects via BT.

Question: Can I simply unplug the BT Wi-fi router from the OpenReach HUB and plug the vodafone Wi-fi Router into the same socket/port ?

or does it have to go directly into the ONT (thus unplugging the HUB and plugging the vodafone router in its place. Then telephone wire into the vodafone Wi-fi router) ?

Thanks 

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your post and the update @Ravenk. When your broadband service is live, if you do have any questions please feel free to use the Community. If it's an account related query, just drop us a message on Twitter or Facebook 🙂

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Ravenk
4: Newbie

B86008E0-098B-402D-9079-81A469FC5BE8.jpeg

8988E65D-BD2F-4C12-BD4C-DC7216B6A675.jpeg

Ok with a torch so I could see properly and gritting teeth due to back pain , I have twisted body into cupboard and now can see my error.

The 4 port thing I thought was a Hub is the ONT and the thing I thought was the ONT is a battery backup.

so ignore this post please 🙂

Thanks for your post and the update @Ravenk. When your broadband service is live, if you do have any questions please feel free to use the Community. If it's an account related query, just drop us a message on Twitter or Facebook 🙂