Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Openreach FTTP but only offered 100mb?

The_Limey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a new build flat with an Openreach FTTP box already installed and have been looking at moving to Vodafone (currently with Virgin). However there seems to be some difficulties - the online checker requires me to call, and when I did call the sales person was only able to offer 100mb. Any idea what might be causing that? 

8 REPLIES 8

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for reaching out to us here @The_Limey! When contacting us we'll do an availability check on what speeds you can achieve in your area, which can be affected from factors like distance to congestion. 

If you do have any further questions on our Gigafast service, the dedicated team you spoke with on the phone will be happy to help 😀

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Tash wrote:

When contacting us we'll do an availability check on what speeds you can achieve in your area, which can be affected from factors like distance to congestion. 

On FTTP? I don't think so.

Thanks for replying, but I am not sure it makes sense? This is FTTP so distance is not relevant. I understand Vodafone resell Openreach services for this, and other resellers are offering me up to 900mb - so how can congestion be an issue? 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @The_Limey without a little more information about your location, we'd be unable to give you specific details regarding the reasons for the speed you've been offered. Pop us your postcode and we'll be happy to look into this for you. If you'd prefer not to post this publicly, add it to the personal information section on your profile. This way only you and our moderators will be able to view it. Alternatively, pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll take a closer look 😊

Thanks Mark, done. Postcode is in profile. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you @The_Limey - Sorry to request more info but would you be able to fill in your house/flat name/number in your profile as well please? 

When searching the postcode on our availability checker I'm getting different results depending on which house/flat.

Hi Evie,

Done. That is very strange! All new build at the same time so unless it’s a fault on my (never used) line would appear bizarre. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you @The_Limey - Hmmm, how weird, so it looks like the plans/speeds available at your property aren't yet available online but should be soon! Apologies for the hassle with this, if I could you provide you with any further into I would.

I appreciate you have already done this, but you would need to speak with the Broadband team on 0333 3040 406 to get clarity on what speeds you'd expect to get 👍