Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Order cancelled, new order failed, support unable to help

davidbarber90
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Good evening,

Please see below timeline for the issues I am having joining Vodafone home broadband.

30th August

Applied for Superfast Fibre 2, activation date: 15th September

12th September

Checked order status, order was cancelled. No notification or communication to me. Spoke to Vodafone. Advisor stated there had been a system glitch and to re-order.

Placed new order, credit check failed. My credit score is 999, so can only assume this is due two multiple credit checks in a short period.

Spoke to Vodafone again. Was told to re-order as a new customer, not an existing customer, and I would not be able to get the £3 discount.

Submitted an online complaint, was advised of 48 hours for a response. 48 hours have passed, no response.

14th September

Tried speaking to Vodafone again in the mean time. Advisor told me that the original order was cancelled due to a line take over error. Was advised to try again in December.

Explained this wasn't fair as I had already passed the credit check. Advisor stated he would get the backend team to re-process the original order and I would receive an email confirmation. No confirmation has been received.

Issue Summary

- Order cancelled by Vodafone with no notification to me.

- Incorrect information from Vodafone stating system glitch was the cause.

- Incorrect information from Vodafone stating to join as a new customer without discount.

- Vodafone complaints team did not get back to me within the 48 hour limit from Ofcom.

- No new order confirmation received despite Vodafone stating this would happen.

Any advise is appreciated, as Vodafone support has been unable to resolve.

9 REPLIES 9

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

Yellow Pages, Let your fingers do the walking.

Try another provider, plenty of deals out there.

Vodafone was certainly the cheapest for me, combined with the £85 cashback offer via Quidco.

However, I suspect you may be right. It seems a lot of hassle for the sake of s couple of £ per month.

I'll await a response from Vodafone (a link to this thread has been sent to their social media chat), and go from there. If not resolved this time, I'll stick with Plusnet. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@davidbarber90 wrote:

I'll await a response from Vodafone (a link to this thread has been sent to their social media chat), and go from there. If not resolved this time, I'll stick with Plusnet. 

There's a lot to be said for sticking with "the devil you know".

You could always use the Vodafone price to haggle with Plusnet.

jamesmacwhite
4: Newbie

I ordered Business Broadband recently and the exact same happened to me. Apparently as soon as I ordered it was cancelled, but this wasn't reflected until the next day on the order tracking and there was no notification. I luckily saw it early on, but had to go through live chat to get a new order placed. My original order number was WEB-xxxxxxxxxxxx where as my new order as it was done with through support was SBL-xxxxxxxxxxxx. I don't know if there's an issue with WEB orders specifically.

From what the customer support agent said (who was very helpful), the order was basically immediately cancelled as soon as it was placed, mentioning a glitch with Openreach and sounded like it hadn't been the first time it had happened.

It's happened to me recently. I placed an order for Gigafast 500 with phone line on the 19th. Three days later I randomly went into my account just to see what was there and noticed it was cancelled. No word from VF. If I hadn't noticed, my install date would have approached, come and gone and I would have been left wondering what the...

When I called up the agent could only say it was a system error, replace my order, but now I've lost a week as the installation slots are disappearing.

To update on this, the social media team contacted me the same evening to sort. They arranged for a new application, a manual override of the credit check, and this went though.

Activation date: 1st October, and......it didn't activate. 2nd October, my account now shows the order cannot be found.

I've just renewed with Plusnet. 2 minute phone call, all sorted. 

This whole process has taken over a month, I've been given incorrect information and let down every step of the way. The social media team were the only helpful department who did what they could do help me. But, at the end, O was let down again. 

To anyone reading this, do yourself a favour, avoid Vodafone at all costs. It will waste hours of your time, frustration, lies and broken promises.

As a final update to this shambles, Plusnet were able to confirm what has gone wrong.

Vodafone had the 1st October as the activation date, but they advised Plusnet it was the 2nd, hence the failed transfer. As Vodafone have made an error, my line has been disconnected today and I need to wait two weeks to re-join Plusnet as Vodafone can't connect me.

Me and my partner are working from home during the pandemic. Our employer has had to put us on 0 pay for the next fortnight until this is resolved. That's my entire household on 0 income for the next fortnight due to Vodafone's incompetence.

I cannot explain how outraged I am with Vodafone, their incompetence, and the hundreds of pounds in lost income I will experience as a result.

FInal insult: as Vodafone botched the line takeover, the line is now not connected to my house. As a result, I have to pay £50 for a BT Openreach engineer to attend and reconnect the line to get me back up and running with another provider. 

Utter disgrace.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @davidbarber90, I'm disappointed to hear that this is the experience you have had with us - We'd like to turn this around for you.

We don't have account access over the forum, but if you could contact us again social media we can get this looked into and see what's what with your line.