Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Over a week after activation date

porkbroth
3: Seeker

Switched from BT FTTP to Vodafone FTTP. Should be simple as no new hardware or connections are required. Over a week later and it's still not working.

Activation date 1st December Openreach visit, check everything is working, check remotely that they can connect from their servers and check the light levels. Everything looks good.

Since then nothing has worked and the online chat assistants appear to have a script that doesn't actually fix the problems.

Monday 6th Call up and after an hour I am told that it's an openreach problem, he will organise another appointment and will let me know tomorrow when they are coing

Wednesday 8th Online chat no help. Call up again and after twenty minutes I am told that he will send an e-mail and everything will start working in 24 hours. Here's hoping.

Anyone else have these kind of issues?

17 REPLIES 17

matt556
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been having very similar issues. 

Activation was supposed to be on the 1st of December. Engineer came to install the FTTP on the 1st, Router came on the 3rd, all lights on router for Internet and Wi-Fi are solid white. Devices connect fine to router, but nothing actually has internet. 

Feel like I've been fobbed off by live chat support. Three times I've contacted them since the 3rd. "It will be fixed by midnight" , "Reset the router and wait for 60 minutes for it to activate" and other variations of the same instructions. I feel like nobody is actually looking into the case. I don't want to be told to turn my router off and on again, it's clearly not going to solve the issue. 

It's getting to the point where I'm prepared to cancel my contract and demand a full refund because I'm not being provided a service at all. 

porkbroth

9th chat I was "assured" that it would work before midnight. One small bit of progress is that my online account has started working however I have also started being charged for a service that I am not receiving.

10th chat told it will work in the next few hours. I doubt it. 

Are the staff lying to me, are they incompetent or is there a serious flaw in vodafone's systems?

13th Surprise surprise still not working!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @porkbroth - we'd love to help get you up and running. If you'd like us to take a look into your activation, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

Is that any different to the customer service I access through https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd ? I've spoken to Vodafone almost every day through there and told almost ever time that it will be fixed before midnight that day

TJ

Yes @porkbroth - that link takes you to our Live Chat team. Following the instructions that I popped over brings you through to us here at the Social Media team. 

13th: Spent an hour on the chat. Going through all the steps I have previously done and told it will synchronise in 2-4 hours. Still not working the next day.

Yet again I go through exactly the same process and hope for a different result.

14th: Phoned up today and spent 1h20m on the phone, most of which was on hold. Technical supported "deleted" the router and added it again. That was a couple of hours ago (still no change) and he said he would phone me back tomorrow if it doesn't work.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@porkbroth

What lights do you have on the router? What colour are they, and are they flashing?