Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Over a week after activation date

porkbroth
3: Seeker

Switched from BT FTTP to Vodafone FTTP. Should be simple as no new hardware or connections are required. Over a week later and it's still not working.

Activation date 1st December Openreach visit, check everything is working, check remotely that they can connect from their servers and check the light levels. Everything looks good.

Since then nothing has worked and the online chat assistants appear to have a script that doesn't actually fix the problems.

Monday 6th Call up and after an hour I am told that it's an openreach problem, he will organise another appointment and will let me know tomorrow when they are coing

Wednesday 8th Online chat no help. Call up again and after twenty minutes I am told that he will send an e-mail and everything will start working in 24 hours. Here's hoping.

Anyone else have these kind of issues?

17 REPLIES 17

Power & wifi solid white. Internet flashing white. It has been the same for the past fortnight.

15th: Had a quick call from Vodafone this afternoon to tell me that it isn't fixed yet (I know) and it will start to work in the next 24 hours (I've heard that before)

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@porkbroth wrote:

Power & wifi solid white. Internet flashing white. It has been the same for the past fortnight.

That does sound like a simple misconfiguration at Vodafone's end. Can't possibly understand why it is taking so long.

Have they not given any explanation for the delay?

I ask why this is happening every time and I never get a good answer. They probably can't tell me because they don't know, otherwise they'd have fixed it by now.

I'm glad Vodafone have signed up to the automatic compensation scheme. For £150/month compensation I'm not really sure why I'm pushing to get this fixed!

porkbroth

Lot's more calls after finally getting referred to the tech 2 team after three weeks. It then took a further 15 days before they organised a Openreach engineer to come out. He was very professional and fixed it promptly despite never seeing this problem before in his 12 years working on fibre.

Apparently, the exchange was full, my previous service with BT wasn't cancelled properly, which I believe Vodafone should have done. The Openreach engineer cancelled my old service and configured my new service to use the same "slot" as the previous one.

All in, this took 37 days to fix and well over 30 hours speaking to Vodafone before they made any real attempts to fix the issue. Ridiculous. My landline still isn't working either.

Now to see if the automatic compensation appears on my bill and to see if I get charged for the days that I haven't had service.

Jayach

@porkbroth wrote:

Now to see if the automatic compensation appears on my bill and to see if I get charged for the days that I haven't had service.

Do let us know how that goes.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for updating the thread @porkbroth - I'm pleased to hear the Openreach engineer was able to get you connected. 

So we can see what's happening with your landline, please get in touch over social media, as TJ mentioned a few weeks ago. 

The Automatic compensation will be added to your account, you can see more information on this here

matt556
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

43 days later and I am still no closer to being online. Granted I haven't been home since Christmas to ring support and sort it out further. It's not the point though, I've made them aware that I'm having trouble through web chat many times and on this forum, nobody has from Vodafone has reached out not even once. 

Time to spend 2 hours in a queue to convince them to send an engineer out to actually look at what's causing the problem. I'm gonna go ballistic if they even suggest that I just wait 24 more hours or something similar. 

I hope I get compensated, I've currently paid £85 for no service at all. I wish I never signed up with Vodafone. 

Jayach

@matt556

In your previous post you said that the internet light on the router is solid white.

This means the router has authenticated to Vodafone, so it should be working.

I had similar when I joined, nothing would connect to the web, but I could ping internet IP addresses and my VPN worked.

I spoke to Vodafone and was given the same old guff, "it can take till midnight to work",

Anyway it finally transpired that my content controls were not set, so it was blocking everything. If yours is the same you should be able to reach Vodafone's own pages, so see if you can go here and set them: Content controls (vodafone.co.uk)

As they are DNS based you can also overcome them by logging into the router and setting your own DNS servers. I like to use Cloudflare and Google. (1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8)

Of course your problem could be completely different, but the fact the internet light is white means it should work.