Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Painless Broadband swap

Soofla
10: Established
10: Established

Just as a counter to the negative posts - and as many say, when something goes right, you tell nobody, when something goes wrong, you tell everybody......
My switch from Sky to Vodafone completed earlier without a hitch. I awoke to find my Sky router was no longer connecting. I unplugged it, connected the Vodafone router.

It connected a few moments later and then promptly rebooted - quick check in the logs and it had a firmware update. It's been connected ever since.

When I compare this to my last experience with Vodafone around 5yrs ago when they failed to get my activated on the date and I was without Internet for about three days.

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Wow, surprised you came back after your last experience, but glad it went well this time.

omen1314
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Have to agree!!!

My superfast fibre 2 broadband due for install on Monday 13/12/21 working 3 days even before my deal begins!

I am not easily impressed but my Vodaphone THG3000 Wifi Hub (Technicolor) arrived Friday 10/12/21 - plugged in and surprise surprise the white internet light was lit and it boots twice as fast as the dreadfully slow Virgin Superhub, got my NAS box connected to the very handy Usb port that the Talktalk hub and Virgin superhub lacks, has device fingerprinting, Virgin hub has a maximum of only 32 reserved mac adddresses whereas this beauty seems to be able to handle over 128 and all of it was up and running in less than 10 minutes!

Wifi signal reach and quality is rather impressive boasting a full maximum transfer rate on my network!

Cannot believe it but no engineer visit although one is supposed to be coming Monday so connect up the fibre and my internet is up and running 3 days BEFORE activation date with speed test giving me the exact speed quoted and the added bonus is the superb Vodaphone THG3000 Wifi Hub which as a Techie i can say beats the slow login from the off compared to Virgins dire effort and with Dynamic DNS and lots of lovely customisations its a ripper of a router I must say.

Ex-Talk-talk and Ex-Virgin now Vodaphone Customer satisfaction level so far = 101%

See its not all doom and gloom on the broadband front - Have some positivity Vodaphone!!!

Jayach

I'm surprised it is running 3 days before activation as I would not have thought that Openreach had made the connection. Lets hope they don't break it Monday.

Yeah even the phone has a dial tone plugged it in today just cant make any calls as the number hasn't ported from Virgin yet!

Thats what I am worried about tomorrow Monday lol

Waited in - engineer never turned up not even an email or phone call to tell me!

Then i notice in the account that Vodaphone have just charged me £20 for connecting the router up 2 days early so beware!