Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting a telno after activation

yorrrick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Openreach are currently installing FTTP in our area. They are leaving the copper in place so I believe I should be able to order Superfast 2 to run in parallel with my existing TalkTalk voice/ADSL service. This is attractive so I can be sure I'm not left without broadband until I'm happy the new service is working.

My question is:

Having ordered a new telno on my Superfast 2 service can I later on port my existing telno from TalkTalk across to the Superfast 2 service to replace it when I finally cease the redundant TalkTalk service?

2 REPLIES 2

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @yorrrick - it's great to hear you're thinking about taking out our Superfast 2 😊 We can never 100% guarantee that a number can be ported, as some are called prefixed numbers and are owned by certain companies. With it being Talk Talk and on the Openreach network, there's a very good chance though.

You would only have 14 days to request the number port - so I'm not sure if this would be of any use to you, or perhaps not really long enough.

If there's anything you're still unsure of, pop back and we'll be happy to help you further.  

I finally went with Vodafone Superfast 100 as there was some confusion as to whether Superfast 2 was available over FTTP.  After assurances that I could port my old number across once I was happy the fibre service was working I decided to take that option.  However, it is now one week after my FTTP service was installed and I'm now told by Vodafone CS that porting an old telno across to a new FTTP service after activation is virtually impossible.  Apparently guidance has been circulated around CS recently that this is no longer an option.  If you want to keep your old number you need to request it at the time of placing your FTTP order.