main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband activation

Router not delivered, broadband apparently activated

Highlighted
3: Seeker

My new Vodafone Broadband was apparently activated yesterday (Friday 1st November) yet I haven't received a router, so I don't know for sure.

I livechatted with Shahadat last night, and asked if I could configure my existing modem/router to use my new broadband service. He asked for some details, and then said that he'd "successfully configured your device from your end", and "you just need to wait for 1-2 hours as router takes sometime to configure and register on new networks" and "I've done everything sorted for you now and you will just need to restart your router from main power and be assured, you won't need to contact us again for the same".

Hmmm.

I didn't hold out much hope that my modem settings could be amended remotely and indeed, this morning, after restarting, the little internet indicator light is red.

So – an inauspicious start from Vodafone. Shahadat did authorise unlimited data on my mobile account for 30 days, so that, at least, lets me get online. But how long before I can get set up at home?  

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
17: Community Champion

You could try HOW-TO-Use-a-third-party-router-on-Vodafone-VDSL. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thank you, @BandOfBrothers – that looks to be a useful thread.

I will and try and get hold of my username and password for my broadband account (though heaven knows, the process shouldn't be this convoluted).  

View more options

Success! I did LiveChat and asked for my broadband username and password. They were supplied immediately. I put them into the relevant fields in my modem/router and after a quick restart I was connected!

My modem/router is a Zyxel VMG3925-B10B, as supplied by Post Office Broadband, if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation.

View more options
17: Community Champion

That's fantastic @Wellington 

I'm glad the link to the thread helped and set you on your way to getting up and running.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

I am. My plusnet router isn't working with it.

View more options

@CLOUDYCOFFEE wrote:

I am. My plusnet router isn't working with it.

You and @Mchl have my sympathies, @CLOUDYCOFFEE. It's a very shoddy state of affairs for a major company like Vodafone to sign people up with the promise of a nice price and a new router and then fail to deliver. What's particularly galling are the LIES ("oh yes, please let me assure you your router is on it's way"; "it will be there in 24-48hrs" etc).

The only advice I can offer is to try and take the technology into your own hands. Get on LiveChat and ask for your broadband username (should be in the format dsl0123456789<at sign>broadband.vodafone.co.uk) and password. At least then you have a chance of setting up any modem/router you can get your hands on, rather than waiting for one to be delivered (and the signs strongly suggest that these don't exist).

HOW-TO-Use-a-third-party-router-on-Vodafone-VDSL.

View more options
2: Seeker

That's what I've done bought myself a router and I'd better get a free month to compensate for having to buy my own. It arrives tomorrow. 

Is very dishonest. They've got an offer on now and presumably are hoping they have enough routers by activation. It's a huge company, no excuse to have issues with supply of routers, they must have known what they are likely to need and should have someone on board to supply that.

At least the last person i Spoke to was helpful and actually rang me when he said he would. They need to do some training to most of their help staff. As you said saying it will arrive when they just be speaking to tons of customers and knowing it won't is just rubbish. 

View more options

Gasp – look what arrived this morning:

Vodafone Hub.jpg

They do exist!

View more options