cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Still No internet 10 Weeks after Go live date of the 9/3/22 - with no activation date in sight

krisbattye
4: Newbie

This has to be the worst service i have ever gotten.

I work in IT and i have never had to deal with such a poor service in my 27 years of working and dealing with service providers.

Promise after promise broken. Blaming City Fibre.

Wait another 24 hours . . wait another 24 hours, oh it will be resolved within 10 days . . . . . .

Currently waiting for the next lame excuse!!

Apparently there's an issue on the pole right outside my house and needs an engineer visit . . i could climb the pole in 10 minutes so why take 21 days . . ..  the engineer must be walking here from australia!

Anyone else getting such a poor crap service?

26 REPLIES 26

So 10 days ago i was promised it would take no more than 10 days to be up and running and the issues fixed!

LIES!!

now im being fobbed off that city fibre will provide another update on the 1st april. Not even fix the issue just an update!!!!!!!!!

That's not even a guarantee of a working service after 23 days.

What a steaming pile of crap city fibre are. If i were a company i would have sued them for loss of earnings (working from home) however because im a small fish they don't give a crap!! 

A naff 1mb mobile broadband connection we have been lumbered with.... i might aswell find a dialup modem.

Hang your heads in shame vodafone for not pushing the crap supplier you have called city fibre

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Not knowing just what is holding up your install I can't comment on that, but prior to going with Vodafone/CityFibre did you not have broadband at all?

We moved home at the end of January, the broadband connection was up for renewal when we moved. 

Hi @krisbattye, we can see where a reminder has been set on the social media conversation, this will allow the broadband team to check for updates from CityFibre. When the team are provided with an update, they'll drop you a message. 

Hi @Markd

I have messaged via social media - i've wasted too much time chasing a service that will never happen while City Fibre are sat with this not doing anything:-

I think i have been patient enough now. Enough is enough.

If the connection isn't up and working by the 6th april i will be looking to cancel this and find a company that can deliver a service. You will need to arrange for your equipment to be collected and the city fibre engineer to revisit to remove the fibre cable and also the hole filled in my house to be repaired where the fibre cable enters the premises.

I have given you more than enough time for you or city fibre to get this resolved and nothing is happening to get this fixed!

And here we still are city fibre are useless and are not worth b the oxygen they breathe!

Deadline was given to them to be live of the 6th april a month after a go live date. 

Get told today an engineer is still fixing it.... what a load of utter crap.

##~## fibre will give Vodafone an update on the 8th! 

Don't bother I'm looking elsewhere for a reliable service!!!!

And the farce of a connection is still ongoing.

I would seriously recommend people look elsewhere for another connection and spare yourself the wasted hours chasing these up.

Currently looking at my options 3 months with no broadband connection and almost 7 weeks past the go live date and still have to wait until the 1st May for an update . . . not to have a live connection just an update.

Hang your heads in shame CITY FIBRE you are the WORSE fibre contractor. 

Vodafone arent blameless as you never get the truth just fobbed off with crap excuses and apologies!!!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

It sounds like your connection being delayed is due to you needing and engineer appointment @krisbattye, so we can check this is the case and see if there's anything we can do to help with this, please see my reply to your other post

amersaleh
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Absolutely the worst service I have had from any company. I have ordered my broadband over two months ago. Engineers came on 6th and abandened the job due to blockage. Blockage done a week later and have no idea when I will have the service. Each time, I contact support, it takes at least 40 to 45 minutes for them to tell me that they dont have information from city fiber. Absolutely rubbish service.

I now want to cancel and there is no clear information how to cancel.

I chose Vodafone since I thought they were a trusted name but unfortunately, I am absolutely appauled by the lack of service to their customers.

Jayach

Hopefully cancelling will be easier. I want to cancel my home broadband service (vodafone.co.uk)

Jayach_0-1651063504317.png